aberdeen-music

thick people

Stripey

what is "earth science"? and why is it so "full of proof"? - or if you meant "fool proof", ... proof of what? (in an ID / evolution agrument context)

(Earth science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Earth science is geology by another name, and I assume what he's saying is that the evidence for the Earth being 4.6bn years old is overwhelming and conclusive.

Just want to point out that the age of the earth is 4.6bn years old.....this is not the same time that life is estimated to have first begun as has been suggested elsewhere. The earliest fossils are about 3.5bn years old. It took 1bn years(ish) for the earth to cool sufficiently for life to start.

I don't think anyone has got it figured out and I'm pretty sure nobody ever will.

I'm happy living with that. Of course you should always respect other people's beliefs (I've never understood why, you just should.....)

secretly I'm a creationist but am afraid to speak the obvious truth for fear of persecution, ridicule and losing my job. If anyone's with me send me a PM and we can meet up to discuss our strategy for world domination.

Just want to point out that the age of the earth is 4.6bn years old.....this is not the same time that life is estimated to have first begun as has been suggested elsewhere.

guilty...

that's what you get for cutting and pasting quickly...ho ho

ach, what's a billion years between friends?

-----

just a quick note too, creationists also say "you can't prove evolution happens" (due to the rediculous timescales to show it does or doesn't happen)...

so - MRSA - evolution sped up? (or is god having a tinker with his "perfect" world whilst we sleep?)

I agree with him, apart from the fact that I prefer churches to airports.

One way to disprove 'Intelligent Design' is to look at Stonehaven. The earliest creature ever to emerge from the sea hauled its gasping body across the beach at Cowie. Now, in the 428 million years since, evolution has managed to give us..... the Officer twins!!....what is 'intelligent' about that?????

(just joking, lads!!!!!:kiss:)

I agree with him, apart from the fact that I prefer churches to airports.

One way to disprove 'Intelligent Design' is to look at Stonehaven. The earliest creature ever to emerge from the sea hauled its gasping body across the beach at Cowie. Now, in the 428 million years since, evolution has managed to give us..... the Officer twins!!....what is 'intelligent' about that?????

(just joking, lads!!!!!:kiss:)

hey!

i have no idea what to say to that :(

I was trying to think of someone from Stonehaven.....it was a toss-up between you and bluesxman (or I could've used Copy Ha Ho).

:love:

fairplay, given the choice i'd have picked me and chris as well. bluesxman could probably rip your head off your body with his bare hands and copyhaho are too wee and nice to pick on like that. :p

Yep, that's what I was saying

cool....but you did tag that onto the end of your chat about your dad being a believer in creationism...so I wasn't sure what you were getting at!

there was a subtle inference that you still think that creationism is a credible answer to how life got here...but, the fact of the matter is, if you believe in crationism (as the bible states) - you can't waver on the age of the earth - remember "the bible is the truth" - you can not dispute it, if you are to buy into it. Where as science can only progress and become more understood through questioning and review!

I know which one makes more sense to me. (but that's the fundamental difference between science and religion - 'faith' or 'fact')

It's far more believeable that we grew out of chemicals zapped by electricity (proven in a lab - complex carbon chains forming from electrolysis) than some giant invisible (yet man shaped) magician that made everything as it is - as you see it today.

It seems to be a peculiarly american thing. These people, like the israeli-flag-waving rapture-believing "christians united for israel" (
) should really be a lunatic fringe but it seems that in the usa there is a lot of money in manipulating these gullible people for political ends.

Did you see the documentry on BBC2 a couple of months back called "The End Of The World Bus Tour"?

Wonderland: The End of the World Bus Tour - Armageddon this way! - TV pick of the day for February 13th

very watchable and very disturbing.

• 1 month later...