aberdeen-music

Is it just me or is Aberdeen a bit 'pish' for music?

Ian_Brown

The problem I have is that I only seem to have found three bands with guitars that I really, really like this decade, coz most stuff seems to be derivative pish, gumph!!

Maybe that's part of my problem. It just seems like anyone I like misses out Aberdeen though. Why the fuck is Paul Weller only playing in Motherwell and Dundee in his upcoming tour :down:

MGMT for example are one of the very few new bands I like but I just knew Aberdeen would not be included in their upcoming tour.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that's part of my problem. It just seems like anyone I like misses out Aberdeen though. Why the fuck is Paul Weller only playing in Motherwell and Dundee in his upcoming tour :down:

MGMT for example are one of the very few new bands I like but I just knew Aberdeen would not be included in their upcoming tour.

Why would MGMT come to Aberdeen? They've probably never heard of the place. And where would they play? Moshulu - I doubt it's big enough to warrant coming up here. The AECC - they'd never, ever fill it.

Touring 'big' bands from overseas generally simply don't come to Aberdeen unless they're massive (The Killers, etc) because it's not financially viable. Glasgow and Edinburgh aren't that far if you like them that much...

I like to consider my music tastes to be pretty varied but rarely does anything announced interest me. Whenever decent bands come to Scotland they generally seem to bypass Aberdeen, at least ones I like.

I think I've been to about 2 gigs in the last year if being perfectly honest. I know glasgow and Edinburgh are much bigger but I could probably find a decent band to see pretty much every week there. Even Inverness, Dundee and Motherwell have been getting some quality acts in the past 12 months. 65daysofstatic for example are playing in Inverness soon, I know for a fact they'd get plenty tickets sold in Aberdeen.

You're an idiot.

Guest idol_wild

Since last Friday night, I have been to a gig every single night this week, except from Monday.

I'm away to toddle along to see Le Reno Amps do the Fudge Awards tonight.

Every gig I have been to has been enjoyable to some respect apart from We Are Scientists on Sunday. And quite a few of the acts I've seen have been local and very good.

There's plenty going on in Aberdeen almost every night. You just have to be bothered to bother yourself.

Let's be positive, people.

Since last Friday night, I have been to a gig every single night this week, except from Monday.

I'm away to toddle along to see Le Reno Amps do the Fudge Awards tonight.

Every gig I have been to has been enjoyable to some respect apart from We Are Scientists on Sunday. And quite a few of the acts I've seen have been local and very good.

There's plenty going on in Aberdeen almost every night. You just have to be bothered to bother yourself.

Let's be positive, people.

Bravo, well said

Going to Dundee is nothing. I've been there heaps of times to see bands play since the new Fat Sams opened. But, yeah agreeing with Idol_Wild it is possible to find something nearly every day of the week. I think that it's an opportunity to go and see something you might not usually... Never know what might be found! :up: