aberdeen-music

Gigs in Aberdeen - help

Callumbo

Hey folks,

Wondered if anyone could point me to contacts for gigs in Aberdeen - I play with and co-manage an Edinburgh based band, Ten Storeys High and we have our debut album coming out in June and are keen to put some dates together in Aberdeen. Haven't played the city for a while - especially interested in opinions where's the best places to play acoustic/semi-acoustic.

Cheers

Callum

Guest calumunderkills

You're best bet is the Tunnels - The Tunnels Aberdeen, independent music venue & restaurant

They do acoustic nights as well - and they're the only place who will give folk a gig no problem really.

Other potential options are quite limited:

Drummonds - MySpace.com - Cafe Drummonds - Aberdeen, UK - Other - www.myspace.com/cafedrummonds

A couple of places have closed/are closing lately, but other places to try (I don't know address off the top of my head) are the Moorings, Club Snafu, and possibly Moshulu (but you'd really need to be supporting someone fairly established to play there as it's massive!)

You'll get these guys myspace addresses generally from our top friends at:

MySpace.com - The Underkills - UK - Rock / Alternative / Indie - www.myspace.com/theunderkills

promoter

Hey folks,

Wondered if anyone could point me to contacts for gigs in Aberdeen - I play with and co-manage an Edinburgh based band, Ten Storeys High and we have our debut album coming out in June and are keen to put some dates together in Aberdeen. Haven't played the city for a while - especially interested in opinions where's the best places to play acoustic/semi-acoustic.

Cheers

Callum

a good promoter that puts gigs on in the tunnels is Ross at AGP, the myspace for them is on our top friends:

www.myspace.com/themarionettes