aberdeen-music

Headlight + No Pasaran + Debora + Crake @ The Tunnels

Guest idol_wild
I was going to come along to this, but a bank machine swallowed my bank card and left me without any fundage.

That is a fucking brilliant excuse!

I saw No Pasaran. Thought they were immense. They don't possess any average songs - they're all brilliant.

Pity the old Aberdeen mentality of leaving once your own band have finished playing came into effect. Oh well, those that never stayed missed out massively.

I saw No Pasaran. Thought they were immense. They don't possess any average songs - they're all brilliant.

Pity the old Aberdeen mentality of leaving once your own band have finished playing came into effect. Oh well, those that never stayed missed out massively.

I'm not sure thats a very fair way of looking at it, i was there last night and left at 10ish simply because I had work next day and have to be up and about early, same is true for a lot of people, especially when you consider both gigs in either room didnt start until 9 then it can be difficult to see everyone you'd like to see and still be fine for work the next day. It's always going to be a problem during week ngiht gigs.

I nipped through before we left and caught the end half of No Pasaran's set. It was the first time I've heard them live and I thought they were really good.

Guest idol_wild
I'm not sure thats a very fair way of looking at it, i was there last night and left at 10ish simply because I had work next day and have to be up and about early, same is true for a lot of people, especially when you consider both gigs in either room didnt start until 9 then it can be difficult to see everyone you'd like to see and still be fine for work the next day. It's always going to be a problem during week ngiht gigs.

Each to their own. I'm simply stating that those who left early missed out.

I used to have to get up at 4.30am for work and would often find myself at a gig until 1am!

But then I am wreckless! :jester:

I used to have to get up at 4.30am for work and would often find myself at a gig until 1am!

But then I am wreckless! :jester:

I don't have the minerals for that sort of thing anymore, I feel you are made of tougher stuff than I.

Did No Pasaran play any new material? I've seen Crake a couple of times now, what were Headlight and Debora like?

Guest idol_wild

Did No Pasaran play any new material? I've seen Crake a couple of times now, what were Headlight and Debora like?

Pasaran played a new song called Particles, which sounded great, though it was easy to tell it was the first time they'd played it live - it needs tightening up.

The other acts were in Tunnel 1, so I never caught any of them except the last song by Headlight. Which reminded me of a band called Unbelievable Truth, which featured Andy Yorke.

Pasaran played a new song called Particles, which sounded great, though it was easy to tell it was the first time they'd played it live - it needs tightening up.

The other acts were in Tunnel 1, so I never caught any of them except the last song by Headlight. Which reminded me of a band called Unbelievable Truth, which featured Andy Yorke.

Haha, was that a good thing? Personally, I like Unbelievable Truth...

I had to leave after our set as I had to be up at the crack of dawn to catch a train this morning. Apologies to the bands who were on after us, no "diss" intended.

I have seen No Passaran before though and they are indeed excellent. :up:

I also thought Reanna Jiggins had an amazing voice and that Ashley Park had some good tunes, although I was flitting between rooms so only caught half of their sets.

Any feedback on Crake, "constructive" or otherwise, is welcome. :)