aberdeen-music

Goth/rock clubs?

twas indeed. wish i could remember half of those nights. we had a few really good ones but on the whole they were pretty dead. we always had a head start if there were heavier bands on before us but most weeks it just didn't work out for us and this was at a time when there was supposedly a good rock, punk and metal scene in aberdeen but folk preferred going to moshulu to dance to the same songs every week than try something different. bah.

folk complain about places not playing proper heavy music but then when you do run a club playing not just the heaviest music around but a good mix of fun, out there and downright danceable kick ass tunes somehow it just does'nt pull the punters. admittedly promotion could've been better but i think generally people just like to go where their mates are and usually that's the bigger clubs playing more mainstream music.

i wonder if i still have the doom of valhella audio piece i made for the last one somewhere. i have the flag kicking about my flat somewhere, and of course the doomstick.

valhella was the greatest night ever. As confirmed by me, Bonesaw Bazz and the members of Stand-Up Guy. kthxbai.

Guest Steven Dedalus
valhella was the greatest night ever. As confirmed by me, Bonesaw Bazz and the members of Stand-Up Guy. kthxbai.

I particularly liked the Black Flag DVD where Rollins is at war with the audience.

Plus it had the greatest flyer ever seen.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

For anybody still interested in this thread, Supernaut is on again 8-1 this Friday (16th May) at The Moorings. Admission is free.

Expect the likes of Siouxsie, Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, The Mission, The Cure, Joy Division, Depeche Mode etc. along with a splattering of Punk, New Romantic, electroclash, and various alternative gems.