aberdeen-music

Goth/rock clubs?

O'Neils used to have a rock/metal night. Dunno if they do it anymore.

I am fairly sure they don't becuase I tried to go to it.

They had a fairly good cheesey/varied rock night on mondays that was busy enough when I went, i assume attedence decreased as it is not on the go anymore. They also had a rock/metal night on tuesdays which I only went to once and it was very quiet, unfortuatnly.

Pity these things usually get put on during the week as a lot more people could go otherwise.

I remember there was a rock/metal night in Metro a couple of years a go but I only heard about it after it had stopped running.

Also. I was not aware this Elizium night existed until this post. I think I know people who may be interested in that..

the moorings bar has rock/metal/indie bands playing on saturday nights, and similar DJs on friday nights. there's also jam night / open mic on sundays.

... fudge take care of saturday nights at The Moorings and the Black Tooth Rock Lounge at Snafu on Mondays...

MySpace.com - Fudge - Promoters Who Eat Music - Aberdeen, UK - Rock / Metal / Indie - www.myspace.com/fudgefanzine

MySpace.com - The Moorings Bar - Aberdeen, UK - Other / Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/themooringsbar

MySpace.com - Black Tooth Rock Lounge - 88 - Female - Snafu, UK - www.myspace.com/blacktoothrock

i remember being at the last ever valhella - was a fine night:up:

twas indeed. wish i could remember half of those nights. we had a few really good ones but on the whole they were pretty dead. we always had a head start if there were heavier bands on before us but most weeks it just didn't work out for us and this was at a time when there was supposedly a good rock, punk and metal scene in aberdeen but folk preferred going to moshulu to dance to the same songs every week than try something different. bah.

folk complain about places not playing proper heavy music but then when you do run a club playing not just the heaviest music around but a good mix of fun, out there and downright danceable kick ass tunes somehow it just does'nt pull the punters. admittedly promotion could've been better but i think generally people just like to go where their mates are and usually that's the bigger clubs playing more mainstream music.

i wonder if i still have the doom of valhella audio piece i made for the last one somewhere. i have the flag kicking about my flat somewhere, and of course the doomstick.

there was a song you played. the cd had a largely blue cover (?) and i asked you who it was EVERY week... and then forgot.

err, who was it? i don't suppose you recall?

umm, not sure. billy mahonie - fishing with a man for a shark? jim asked me about that one every week. starts off quite slow and jazzy then builds up to a stomping riff. was it instrumental? particularly heavy? doomy? stoner? sludge? death? black metal? post-rock? mixture of the above?

umm, not sure. billy mahonie - fishing with a man for a shark? jim asked me about that one every week. starts off quite slow and jazzy then builds up to a stomping riff. was it instrumental? particularly heavy? doomy? stoner? sludge? death? black metal? post-rock? mixture of the above?

good man! that's the very one!

i'm impressed.

Guest Steven Dedalus
goths, do they still exist? What an utterly pathetic and pointless fad that was.

Yeah, that's so true dude!

If only we could all have the sense to go on a music message board and post under the name of "Ian Brown".

Then things would suely be better.

Goths do still exist

I would second, and Third Elizium.

It is Aberdeens longest runing goth night ( over 10 years on & off) . and always a good attendance. the special internet radio shows are a hoot and the occasional Elusive Exclusive night is always interesting - so yeah check out the playlists and come along .

and it even has a LAZER!!! ( provided we remember to take it to them)

Goths dont dissappear, they just blend into the background..or move out into the sticks like us...

us goth naw... but we do run the following websites !

www.the-hearse.com WWW.SPOOKYTOY.COM

( free pimpage ahoy)