aberdeen-music

Doherty in jail at last

Frosty Jack

Right... I think its been established that many people think he's a c**t... However, in the whole drug debacle that only person he is harming is himself. Hundreds of people on probation miss their appointments, those who have to see drugs workers miss those too. It's called the irratic lifestyle of a drug user.

The only difference is that he is 'famous'. Ok... his music isn't very good, but that's what he should be 'famous' for, not his drug use.

Remember it's what the red-tops like to publish. It's not exactly very informative. Who cares about seeing him on the front page of The Sun, I don't. If people left him alone, which for the past month or so there hasn't been any drama story about him, then he probably would manage to sort himself out. The same applies to Amy Winehouse.

Ok... Rant over.

If he kept his consumption of drugs to himself, and didn't allow it to interfere with anyone else's lives, then I may agree with you. However, we're talking about someone who was caught on camera injecting heroin into an unconscious woman's arm, someone who has been caught driving under the influence of drugs, endangering himself and others, and someone who has been tried and convicted of burglary (an act performed in order to feed his habit). He shows no sign of repenting and will no doubt carry on in this vein until he winds up dead, which I have no doubt will happen very soon if even half the stories about his habit and lifestyle are true.

Yeah, but thing is though he's no different to any other addict. Only difference is he's in the public eye.

No. I was generally speaking about the whole situation. What we know about it anyway. See my previous post about similarities in his funding of his habit etc. Yeah, it's frustrating that he was constantly given another chance. I can't comment on English prison populations, but Scotland's are getting pretty crowded and the putting drug addicts in prison doesn't help anyone. Drugs are readily avaliable and all at the tax payers expense really. The problem is that there aren't enough services out there, but the way ACC are going there's not going to be anything like that in the North East. It's all very well for the 'celebs' who can just throw themselves in rehab when they want. But do they actually make use of it? Or is it to show the tabloid press that they're 'trying' to change?

Not wishing to pick, or defend the cunt, but it wasn't real blood and it was his junkie idea of a joke.

Every time I listen to the news on Radio 1 or on the rare occasion I pick up a tabloid it seems he is in court for something, and it's just probation, probation, probation. I reckon he's been in front of a judge ten times in the last year and it's taken him this long to get locked up, any normal junkie who nicks CDs from HMV or sucks cocks down the harbour for cash instead of playing at being a rock star would have been slammed up long long ago, he's been lucky to avoid it this long.

If he has forced a substance on anyone against their will ( In contravention of Learys Law*) then that is abominable behaviour, likewise driving ( covered by my 'heavy machinery etc'), and Heroin is, blatantly, shit in the medium to long term, but I doubt many people set out thinking that they will end up a typical junkie, human nature always assumes that it won't happen to you. All the more reason to have it legally regulated, there were only a few hundred junkies in the UK prior to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, mainly sailors, musicians, and some from the East Asian community, and they almost all scored from their doctors, society did not crumble, and more old ladies went unmugged. As soon as criminal profit was there to be made, then there was incentive for dealers and gangs to encourage its use, with devastating consequences. Known Human History goes back over 10 000 years, current prohibition has not yet lasted 100, and Authority plays politics with subjects liberties like vascillator Brown. Jail is no solution.

*Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow men.

Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from changing his or her own consciousness.

Yep. Same way I think you're a cunt because of what I've read on here.

And of course, the whole spraying blood out of a syringe onto a camera. That should automatically deem anybody a cunt.

Rather blinkered, narrow minded view of your fellow man, isn't it? You don't know him personally, nor do you know what's going on inside his mind - it's obvious to everyone that he needs real help. But of course, it's far easier to sit and call heroin addicts 'cunts' from behind the safety of the computer screen than it is to actually try and get these people the help they desperately need.

I'm sure you'd like to be called a cunt too if you were in the depths of heroin abuse, by people that didn't even know you, but chose to form an opinion based on what the media says.

I'm sure you'd like to be called a cunt too if you were in the depths of heroin abuse, by people that didn't even know you, but chose to form an opinion based on what the media says.
If I was in the depths of heroin abuse, I'd expect everyone to call me a cunt. But I'm not. I don't touch heroin, cos I'm not a thick cunt.