aberdeen-music

norwegian metal - who'd come to see these guys?

The Ghost Of Fudge

i only ask because they're expensive.

check out some norwegian metal, let me know if you'd come down to the moorings to watch them...

(the date wouldn't be until october)

MySpace.com - Syrach (now booking) - Bergen, NO - Death Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/syrach

SYRACH emerged in 1993 from a murky valley close to Bergen, Norway, a region known to have spawned many notorious Norwegian Metal bands.

The first demos Helferd (94) and Nor The Frail Perception (95) received positive responses from the international underground, and were characterized by Rippers exceptional vocals coupled with 8-Balls sophisticated guitar work.

In 1996 SYRACH recorded the debut Silent Seas, released the following year on Autonomy Production (Germany). The album combined the raw and heavy style of the early 90s English Doom Metal with the more classic early My Dying Bride and Paradise Lost.

In 1997 SYRACH embarked on a headlining tour of the U.K., going through line-up changes shortly thereafter, but still managing to record the demos The Twilight Enigma (98) and The Stigma Sessions (00).

With a new line-up, SYRACH took on the European stages in 2003 to follow up with many more live performances in their native Norway, including Hole In The Sky in 2004 and the Piggtraad Festival in 2005.

In the summer of 2006, following their final line-up change, SYRACH entered Conclave Studio in Bergen to begin work on the long awaited album Days of Wrath. The album saw the light of day, or rather the dark of the night, on 9 March, 2007, released through guitarist 8-Balls own Ripper Management.

With guest performances by Grutle Kjellson (Enslaved) and Silje Wergeland (Octavia Sperati) among others, and artwork by Aaron Stainthorpe (My Dying Bride), the album received worldwide attention, including that of Napalm Records. The Austrian label signed SYRACH shortly thereafter with the intent to make Days of Wrath available to the masses.

The album offers heavy and viscid symphonies, which are not only massive and brutal, but also raw and coarse. The hypnotic drumming highlights the raw sounds and vocals, as well as the tuned-down guitars that produce one crushing riff after another, as if forged from the confines of inner conflict. Expect no lovely melodies or kitsch from SYRACH. Days of Wrath delivers a violent and hopeless approach to the musical experience.

In the fall of 2007 SYRACH plans to concentrate on writing new material and performing live in Norway and abroad, as always with a rock-n-roll attitude and their signature Doom Metal style. An extensive tour is also in the works for 2008, to include dates in China.

Reviews Days Of Wrath:

7/10 & 8/10 Heavymetal.no

5/10 - Metal Covenant

4/6 Bergens Avisen

8/10 obliveon.de

79/100 Lordsofmetal.nl

8/10 Hallofmetal.com

4,5/7 Sounds2move.de

8/10 Behind The Veil

7/10 MetalHammer UK

9/10 Paillion666.fr

18/20 Aux Portes Du Metal

7/10 Rock Hard DE

8/10 Orcus Magagazine

5/7 Metal Hammer DE

7/10 The Streets Webzine

MySpace.com - Syrach (now booking) - Bergen, NO - Death Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/syrach

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on the door charge and numbers you'd be expecting.... As i said Bonesaw will do it... and so will promote it in the way we do every other gig we play. Get flyers to me and i'll whore it. Could recomend a DM band from Lossiemouth to pull in a few out of town punters too...

Fit ye saying to that Mr B Fudge?

Depends on the door charge and numbers you'd be expecting.... As i said Bonesaw will do it... and so will promote it in the way we do every other gig we play. Get flyers to me and i'll whore it. Could recomend a DM band from Lossiemouth to pull in a few out of town punters too...

Fit ye saying to that Mr B Fudge?

If it's the lot that Ablach played with at Elgin then I give mucho approval! :up: