aberdeen-music

Rock Band European Release Date

Teabags

I am fucking sick of being treated as a third-rate gamer.

There was once a time when Europe was the pioneer of the video game/home computer industry. I couldn't be arsed waiting till Smash Bros. Brawl is released over here (it hasn't even been announced yet!), so I spent 45 on a USA copy of the game and a Freeloader. Yeah that's right, fuck you PAL.

I'm not buying this. Was totally looking forward to it, but there is no way on gods green earth that I am paying that amount for one bloody game. You can buy the 360 off amazon for 150.

If you travel to the us and buy an american 360 and the full rock band pack there it would come to around 200, so they can most definitly shove it right up their arses. :swearing:

Thats cool, i keep buying these rythm games then realising a)i'm pap at them and b)they generally hold my attention for about a week then i never play them again. So that horrific price should save me 'accidentally' picking it up. That and it's not on the PS3.... Hold on....

Why the funk isn't it on the PS3? Wasn't 360 exclusive anywhere else?

..oh right summer yeah... meh, no room for any more plastic peripherals anyhoo.

Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery - Xbox 360 - Search Results: rock band

Play.com have the instruments priced at 99.99.

Yup. You can also use a promo code for more money off (see hotukdeals), and then go through quidco for a bit more too. Everyman and his dog on hotukdeals and various forums over the net seems to be taking advantage of this. I'm still not on principle.

Harmonix has commented on there own forum:

Commentary on Euro Pricing Flamefest - Rock Band - Forums

To save you reading it i will give you the short version.

You don't like the price then don't buy it.

To be honest when Play.com are selling the drums for 69.99 on there own the instrument pack seems ok.

I am a little wary to spend that much on a game especially as my guitar cost me just slightly more. The difference is i will be able to play RockBand and not suck as much as i do at the real thing.

Thats cool, i keep buying these rythm games then realising a)i'm pap at them and b)they generally hold my attention for about a week then i never play them again. So that horrific price should save me 'accidentally' picking it up. That and it's not on the PS3.... Hold on....

Why the funk isn't it on the PS3? Wasn't 360 exclusive anywhere else?

..oh right summer yeah... meh, no room for any more plastic peripherals anyhoo.

im assuming its a timed exclusive and will come out on ps3 eventually

• 1 month later...