aberdeen-music

Ipod touch

• 6 months later...
Guest idol_wild

My iPod Classic is showing signs of wanting to kick the bucket. I have had it for almost two years without a single problem - the only reason it is wanting to pack in is because I listen to it in bed and fall asleep, so I have obviously put too much stress on the headphone jack by moving and sleeping on it and such like. I recommend the Classics.

But I'm going to invest in an iPod Touch, I think. Does anyone have experience with them?

I bought a second-hand 16GB iPod Touch at the beginning of the year and have no real complaints (it replaced a 4GB iPod Nano).

The only thing that annoys me about it is the fact that the volume control is touch controlled like everything else. That's not usually a problem but I bought a leather case for it to stop it getting scratched and as the volume slider is at the bottom of the screen then it proves trickly to control as the edge of the leather case gets in the way. A minor niggle, and one that the newly revised iPod Touch's won't suffer from as they have volume control buttons on the side as well now - similair to the iPhone I'm told.

The real benefit the iPod Touch now has over other MP3 players is the huge range of applications and games you can get for them using iTunes (and many of them are free by the way). With the built-in wireless I can now check my e-mail, browse the web and instant message quite easily. And it's much quicker to use my iPod Touch to do these kinds of things than unpack a laptop and fire it up.

My dad won a 32gb Touch from his work and I'm now the proud owner of it. I've had no bother with it at all. I've stupidly dropped it twice and nothing's damaged. Like Neil said, the wireless and apps are major selling points (especially when there's free wifi outside your shitty boring job!). Like the others it scratches easily but I suck and don't put on my cover...

I got a Nano for Christmas and the Touch just blows it out of the water. Would recommend. :up:

the only reason it is wanting to pack in is because I listen to it in bed and fall asleep, so I have obviously put too much stress on the headphone jack by moving and sleeping on it and such like.
buy a cheap dock. and use the sleep timer in alarms. that way you can also use it as an alarm clock. its what I do anyway. fall asleep to boris and wake up to neurosis, sorted.

buy a cheap dock. and use the sleep timer in alarms. that way you can also use it as an alarm clock. its what I do anyway. fall asleep to boris and wake up to neurosis, sorted.

the touch could really do with this feature, the only thing that I really feel it needs is some kind of 'music on' alarm. it's noises are a bit rough, although apparently the new one has a better speaker on it.

The only other bad thing I'd say about the touch is the frustration when you realise half the applications and features are useless without WiFi and your not in range. Oh that and within an hour of spending 200 odd quid on it I was already wishing I'd just gone the whole hog and got a phone. But you cant really criticise it for that :)

Guest idol_wild
I would really like an ipod touch, but it would have to be at least 40gb and I think that moving all my music from my old Creative Zen to it would be a bit of a nightmare... They are so cool though.

Yeah, transferring all the stuff on my current iPod, on to iTunes, then on to my new iPod is going to be a long, long, boring process. But it has to be done.

Yeah, transferring all the stuff on my current iPod, on to iTunes, then on to my new iPod is going to be a long, long, boring process. But it has to be done.

Shouldn't be too bad really. I have two libraries, unintentional, and my desktop mac keeps hiding some of the albums in places I don't know about, although they still play via itunes. Pain in the bum an is getting a little messy trying to sort it out.

I have an iphone and it simply one of the most useful things I own, apart from plates, cups and cutlery and a toilet. It's now my main organiser and I have all but done away with a paper planner. I still use my ipod as I find the battery goes quick on the phone if using a few apps but iphone.ipod touch are brilliant gadgets.

Now, off to find my Battles album folder!:up:

Guest Bob Double Jack

i got one in February, and it is brilliant. bought a cheap case and screen protector off ebay for the princely sum of 4.72, and it is in near perfect nick 7 months later. wi fi is awesome, really quick, would recommend it to anyone.