aberdeen-music

AMPEG For sale!

The Subtle Arts

Before this gets stuck on eBay I'm scouting around the local sites first as more than likely this thing will be pick up only unless someone is stupid enough to pay for the delivery for this thing.

Its an Ampeg SLH 6x10 cab, 1200,has wheels and kick plate for easy transport. Pretty damn heavy so wheels are the only way to go!

Also an Ampeg B-5R head, 750 watts lots of tones, an octave and overdrive selection. Comes with a rack mounted type case and I'll through in a speak-on for free aswell.

It's been gigged and toured with, has a few scratchs and nearer the bottom a couple of tears. Still some stencil work from the last band/tour I was in when I used it.

Initially this set me back 2600 due to it being shipped straight from Ampeg at the time of release. Now you can get both the cab and head for around 950 each.

If your intrested MSN me or pm me and I will let you know how much and send photos if requested.

Update

A few people have asked me a couple of things which I have failed to mention.

1. The head was manufactured in the States but as it was straight out from production it was made for 240V

2. I've had it for around 4-5 years now

3. The tone and punch this thing gives is relentless.

4. It's shared the stage with Idlewild, KT Tunstall, The Stranglers, Pronto, Kick and a whole wealth or various artists, 4 or 5 Festivals (I can't remember quite).

So it has a bit of History!

Try your hand offering to organise a courier. I sold a Marshall VBA bass stack weight around 80kg and had it delivered to somewhere in Englandshire for about 60 including VAT. If you give them the dimensions, they will give you a quote.

I find things sell better on ebay if you help people organise the delivery.

I used M&H Carriers.

...ok, first off, let me just say that i can understand that you want to sell the head...BUT, why do you want to get rid of the cab????

Ampeg cabs are for life....

explain please...

Since moving to Aberdeen I havn't used it more than once, it's been sitting in my flat mainly because A) don't practice at flat B) can't move it C) Venues have their own gear D) don't want such a fine piece of gear go to waste.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i thought by his earlier comment he meant that at the time it was 2600 for the pair but you can currently buy each for 950, hence my thought that he'd not have his starting price the same as the new price.

if it's 850, almost worth the hassle and expense of buying to sell on. cash notes!

that being said, a quick scan on the net doesn't see a whole lot of these going so maybe not much of a market for them.

Lads wtf. It was 950 for BOTH before, NOW its 850 for BOTH! YES BOTH TOGETHER! That is a steal no matter what is happening where or when or why with Ampeg in this damn country at the moment.

Just want it to go on to someone who'll take care of it and piss off their neighbours too.

Aye calm yer beans, nae need to cry.:up: