aberdeen-music

Granite Ruin demo

Chi 666

Needles in my Eyes and There Will be Blood, the guitars sound horrible and tinny. They're lacking oomph.

From the Top, I liked the intro bit, but again, the guitars are just lacking something.

Dead or Alive was alright, but I'd have to agree with Captain America and say that it's not sounding very "original".

At first listen i picture a group of young lads having fun playing their fave music style.

But if your looking for positive feedback. You guys just need to get your heads down practice individually and as a group over the next few years. Keep finding those sounds you enjoy making and keep making them until you get em right. Some good ideas but executed poorly.

Keep practicing and tighten up. Realise the idea as a group and play it as one.

Where did you record this????

could do with some lead parts could it not, maybe from the bands lead guitarist who has been kicked out of the band without even been told he's been kicked out!!! bitches o_O

anyhoo, sounds ok without me fuckin up all over it but the guitar tone needs more beef imo, maybe more mid range tone. the new tunes are cool but i think u'd be better with someone playing some lead guitar lines (not just my over bias opinion there) though from the top was dragging on a bit, maybe some wee lead parts would add just enough.

i'm glad your still playing tho as i thought granite ruin had become defunct, thought the songs were too good to waste!! give me a shout when ur playing a gig and i'll come and set fire to your cars/bike while your on stage

CUNTS

:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
....your not really a bunch of cunts, were only a joke!! :p

If they didn't even have the kahunas to fire you and got someone in behind your back, then they are indeed a bunch of cunts...

:up:

personally, i dont like it at all.

Everything sounds really tinny, and just awful, too much distortion on the guitar. It sounds a little like Spineshank, and the lyrics are really awful.

I agree with Scott to an extent but can let you off with the production as A) We know you guys did it at Cpn Toms and B) It's only a demo

The vocals, lyrically aswell do nothing for me. As the chap obviously has one style of singing I don't think it works with what you are trying to achieve but none the less might so you play live and think differently!

...Or for those that have seen/heard might think Debassed have changed their style.

I agree with Scott to an extent but can let you off with the production as A) We know you guys did it at Cpn Toms and B) It's only a demo

ONLY a demo. I've heard many fucking amazing metal "demos" over the years, recorded on gear much less sophisticated than Tom's studio. Darkthrone used a cassette 4-track for most of the 90s. Different sound to you guys, but you get the picture.

ONLY a demo. I've heard many fucking amazing metal "demos" over the years, recorded on gear much less sophisticated than Tom's studio. Darkthrone used a cassette 4-track for most of the 90s. Different sound to you guys, but you get the picture.

In essence a demo can sound as good as it needs to be for whatever purpose its used for. I wouldn't use Darkthrone as an example; we all know they used unholy powers on that cassette track :laughing::rockon:

its not really captain toms who are at fault though, that guitar tone is terrible, in fact, im ashamed i even used the word tone there.

the best results I have heard from a captain toms recording was on the fat hippy sampler volume one, and it was the My Minds Weapon track 'lucky like kokura'.

That recording was great, because they knew what they wanted to achieve.

I will judge you guys once you get a better recording

:)

its not really captain toms who are at fault though, that guitar tone is terrible, in fact, im ashamed i even used the word tone there.

the best results I have heard from a captain toms recording was on the fat hippy sampler volume one, and it was the My Minds Weapon track 'lucky like kokura'.

That recording was great, because they knew what they wanted to achieve.

I will judge you guys once you get a better recording

:)

personaly i have heard to many recordings buy captian toms, and this one is one of the better ones i have heard, as i said befor the guitar sounds crap, but thats not what our guitar sounds like, every guitar that gos through captian toms mic sounds shite. i had it when statue recorded there twice and statue dont sound fuzzy live. anyone that says that captian toms are good are lying, we had to work on a limited budget. so please listen to the songs and stop picking faults in the recording.:down:

Couldn't agree more...

First of all, I agree with Doobie: we are a bunch of cunts! Pure n simple. No excuses.

Secondly, I agree with everyone who said the guitar tone sounds shit too. Tried to get more beef into it but the recording just didn't come out right at all. Sounded soooooo much better in the studio! Even when we heard the playback it sounded better but after it was put onto disc sumin seems to have been lost.

I'm the guitarist btw, so i take the blame. I also dont mind takin stick. Constructive criticism is always good.

It sounds a bit rough n a bit loose but thats only cos we rushed through it to get as much tracks recorded as we could. Had we spent more time on it I'm sure it would have sounded better but funds were limited! hehe

Cheers for all the comments/criticism! Much appreciated!