aberdeen-music

Wrestling thread

Lemonade

also as another comment whats the opinion on regals current push? i personally can wait to see him back doing some proper full length matches looking like him vs kennedy which could be good with kennedy turning face. Also does anyone have any ideas what the angle is with the end of ECW with tazz and adamle walking off?

It looks like they are giving Regal a serious push instead of just being a comedy character who can pull funny faces, which is a good thing cos Regal is a really good wrestler. It started in the London edition of Raw a few months ago when he had a title match against orton and gave him a right good fight. In fact he was kicking fuck out of him until Orton pulled an RKO out of nowhere. If they weren't planning doing anything with him they would have had his get squashed, by giving Orton a run for his moniey they made him look like a serious contender. I don't think for a second he'll get a title run though, HHH, Cena, Orton, JBL Jericho, Umaga, Ken Kennedy are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Maybe a run with the I/C title. Hopefully they do something better with the King of the Ring thing than they did with Booker T, watching him wear a crown and call everyone his subjects got boring really fucking quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well if you thought Jeff Hardy shot himself in the foot with his suspension spare a thought for William Regal. Newly crowned King Of The Ring, Raw GM and in line for a title shot, his best position in years, and he's just landed himself a 60 day suspension for failing a drug test.

• 2 weeks later...

But he couldn't wrestle 10 years ago so why would anyone want to see him comeback?

Hogan and Warrior were the 2 reasons I hated wrestling as a kid (them and the british wrestling on world of sport).

The dude was knackered by the time he ran to the ring. His matches were short (which was actually a good thing). He knows maybe 3 moves and that includes his shaky rope thing and some of his political views are a wee bit (understatement of the year) strange.

He's never had a 5-star match. His interviews are completely over-rated. He sucks ass!

The only decent thing he ever did was no-sell the Pedigree and beat Trips in 30 seconds. Before anyone thinks this is going to lead to a HHH bashing i actually like Trips but think his loss to the Warrriahhhhhhh is hilarious.

Destrucicity don't make the world work.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

1) Favourite ever match

2) Favourite Wrestler

Goldberg. When he burst onto the scene I was a young lad spending the summer in the US with my relatives - back when WCW wasn't on TV in the UK (maybe it was but I never saw it) - That spear tackle was just something else. I remember thinking I was soooo cool being 'into' Goldberg before everyone else really knew about him.

3) Least favourite wrestler

The guy with the guitar. Jeff Jarret. Prick

4) Best intro music

Gangrel. Hands down. What a beat.

5) greatest moment

Kane's first appearance. Shat myself.

6) worst plot twist

Hogan going bad.

7) favourite PPV event ever

Royal Rumble 92. First wrestling memory. Sid Vicious/Justice and his impossible greasy/wet hair was a highlight.

1 - Relatively recent, but John Cena vs CM Punk at Money In The Bank in Chicago in 2011 was everything I love about wrestling.

2 - Chris Jericho. Awesome in the ring and on the mic.

3 - The Great Khali. He blows dick big time. I really hate Randy Orton as well. Also Big Show. Big fucking lummox.

4 - For funsies, Billy Gun's "I'm an ass-man!". For realsies, Edge's last few years using Alter Bridge's "Metalingus" was pretty great. I liked Eddie Guerrero's "Viva La Raza!" music as well.

5 - All these things are really recent, my memory isn't working today, but I marked out like never before when the Rock returned before 'Mania last year.

6 - Vince McMahon's illegitimate son turns out to be Hornswoggle. Waste of a potentially great angle. In fact, anything involving Hornswoggle.

7 - The first ECW One Night Stand in 2005. That thing was so fucking good.

1) Favourite ever match

The first Hell In A Cell

2) Favourite Wrestler

Bret Hart

Stone Cold. Punch, punch, punch, punch, slap, punch, punch, slap, stunner.

4) Best intro music

DX

5) greatest moment

Jericho's first entrance interrupting The Rock. Brilliant mic work. Shane McMahon's jump off the titantron was good too. Ooh,

6) worst plot twist

Mae Young and the hand. Pretty much anything involving Mark Henry really.

1) Favourite ever match

The first Hell In A Cell

2) Favourite Wrestler

Bret Hart

Stone Cold. Punch, punch, punch, punch, slap, punch, punch, slap, stunner.

4) Best intro music

DX

5) greatest moment

Jericho's first entrance interrupting The Rock. Brilliant mic work. Shane McMahon's jump off the titantron was good too. Ooh,

6) worst plot twist

Mae West and the hand. Pretty much anything involving Mark Henry really.

Did you see the pay off to the hand thing on Raw 1000th episode a few weeks ago? Amazing.

1) Favourite ever match

HBK v Razor Ramon Ladder Match at Summerslam 95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6LJUVopjbI

2) Favourite Wrestler

Brian Pilman

Hogan, Your finishing move is a leg drop, it was good in the late 80's, in the attitude era and beyond it's just embarrassing.

4) Best intro music

HBK

6) worst plot twist

Hornswoggle being Vince's son.

7) favourite PPV event ever

I'd have to go for the ECW one night stand

Did you see the pay off to the hand thing on Raw 1000th episode a few weeks ago? Amazing.

No I haven't watched wrasslin for many a year. Pretty much since they brought back DX in about 2002 and got rid of it in the same night (Triple H and HBK came out to the music then Triple H pedigreed HBK).

1: Dean Malenko vs Chris Benoit in a cage match in WCW. Benoit won after a diving head butt from the top of the cage. Glorious technical wrestling!

2: Bret Hart.

3: David Flair. What a wank.

4: Mankind's

5: JR proclaiming that stone cold was 'bleeding like a horse'

6: mae young getting power bombed by the Dudleyz off the titantron causing her to give birth to a hand.

7: the Summerslam with the TLC match with the hardyz, Dudleyz and edge and christian.