aberdeen-music

Wrestling thread

Lemonade

There's a lot of threads on the go about wrestling past, present and future so I thought why not bung em all into one great thread? WWE, TNA, ROH, lets have a great big nerdy grapple chat.

My thoughts for today:

Chris Jericho is soooo much better as a heel. Watch some of his old stuff on YouTube - like this one:

YouTube - Y2J - Highlight Reel with Austin and Bischoff 1/2

YouTube - Y2J - Highlight Reel with Austin and Bischoff 2/2

it just shows how lame his current gimmick is, no wonder he isn't getting over. He should be calling everyone jackass, junior, assclown, and being the old arrogant rock star jericho that he did so well.

Also I haven't seen TNA in a while, but I hear it's absolutely shit now, ie storylines making no sense, wrestlers going from face to heel to face to heel in a couple of weeks. Anyone shed any light? Kurt angle keeps saying it's brilliant but I don't think he's right in the head any more.

I have tried getting into TNA but its just so boring.

It reminds me of WCW in that it has some great young talent that just can't catch a break.

They choose to focus on "established" talent while failing to create anything new.

Everytime i try and watch it i see Big Poppa Pump, Kevin Nash, Sting, Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle.

Lets try some word association with some TNA guys:

Big Poppa Pump.......................immobile heap

Kevin Nash..............................Grecian 2000 (hair colours no reason to dislike him but it does annoy me)

Sting.................................why?

Jeff Jarrett...........................Untalented Bawbag

Kurt Angle............................Nuts

James Mitchell......................Poor mans Paul Bearer

Booker T..............................Average

VKM...................................piss poor

Samoa Joe.........................Next Big Thing

AJ Styles............................underused

Christian Cage....................unlimited potential

Tomko...............................extremely entertaining

Curry Man..........................Dude your better than this

Petey Williams....................Canadian Destroyer (we need to see more of him and less of that)

Jay Lethal...........................Randy Savage was shit....you don't have to be.

Rellik.................................worst name ever

Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, Eric Young......buried

Shark Boy..........................Shit Sandwich

Ok i got carried away and named just about everyone on there roster.

One last comment on why i find TNA unwatchable.

Jeremy Borash and Mike Tenay..................nuff said.

"He's hot, he's spicy, he tastes great...!" - Genius.

I like TNA. It's like a cartoon wrestling promotion. Just turn off your brain and you'll love it. And it has some of the best talent around at the moment. Lockdown this Sunday is the first TN PPV I've looked forward to. The Joe-Angle MMA match should be all kinds of awsome.

I thought RAW on Monday was a bit odd. The main event just seemed so quickly thrown together. Still enjoyed it though. The Highlight Reel was good. I used to think I hated JBL cos he was a shit wrestler but I'm starting to realise it's just because he's incredibly good at his job.

Fingers crossed for Jericho to be King of The Ring. Triple H is meant to be winning the Fatal 4 way at Backlash, which sucks. I'm bored of him being pushed as this unstoppable force. Remember when DX took out almost the entire heel locker room by themselves? Way to make all your heels look totally weak WWE, good move. I'd rather see Orton keep the belt, though really I couldn't give much of a fuck about any of the 4 competitors, Orton is totally wooden, JBL is fat and slow (though he is a great heel), and I'm still not sold on Cena, I think he's all gimmick and no talent.

you have to say tho when dx first were around it was one of the best moments in wwe (or wwf as it was then) history. "ive got two words for ya!! SUCK IT" we used to say that constantly at school.

Orton is boring i think not a good personality, cena is the same, triple h is the only one with any kind of personality being pushed at the moment. What they need to do is pay the rock what ever it will take to get him vs austin back for one more go.

Fingers crossed for Jericho to be King of The Ring. Triple H is meant to be winning the Fatal 4 way at Backlash, which sucks. I'm bored of him being pushed as this unstoppable force. Remember when DX took out almost the entire heel locker room by themselves? Way to make all your heels look totally weak WWE, good move. I'd rather see Orton keep the belt, though really I couldn't give much of a fuck about any of the 4 competitors, Orton is totally wooden, JBL is fat and slow (though he is a great heel), and I'm still not sold on Cena, I think he's all gimmick and no talent.

Orton will keep the belt. I'm almost willing to bet on it. It'll be him and Trips up till Summerslam surely?

Changing the subject, what are everyone's thoughts on TNA Lockdown? I thought it was a great show. Gimmicks galore but the matches were pretty good and there were some great high spots. The highlight was the Joe-Angle match though by a mile. That was the most realistic match I've seen outside of Japan. They looked like they were beating the piss out each other. And Joe is finally champ. Hooray! Plus it further emphasised the fact that the WWE women's division (with the exception of a few like Mickie, Victoria, Beth Phoenix and Nattie Neidhart) is a joke. They should plunder SHIMMER or NOAH and perk it up a bit. I still can't work out why Sara Del Rey isn't signed to WWE or TNA.

Oh and Mike Adamle can fuck off. Did anyone see WWECW on Tuesday? Fuck me, it was horrible. I had to stop watching. I'm sort of glad Styles has moved to an office job though. He was never the "OH MY GOD!" Styles of old in WWE apart from the first couple of One Night Stands.

That's my thoughts for the day.

The womens division in WWE is just there purely for tits and ass. It's not taken seriously at all, most people couldn't tell you who the women's champion is. Again it's Vince telling the people what they want instead of listening to the people tell him what they want (we want fucking wrestling vince!!!!!). Only those who are completely unable to get a girlfriend do anything other than go make a cup of tea when the womens matches are on (OK I watch Melina's entrance first, then go make a cup of tea)

Changing the subject, what are everyone's thoughts on TNA Lockdown? I thought it was a great show. Gimmicks galore but the matches were pretty good and there were some great high spots. The highlight was the Joe-Angle match though by a mile. That was the most realistic match I've seen outside of Japan. They looked like they were beating the piss out each other. And Joe is finally champ. Hooray! Plus it further emphasised the fact that the WWE women's division (with the exception of a few like Mickie, Victoria, Beth Phoenix and Nattie Neidhart) is a joke. They should plunder SHIMMER or NOAH and perk it up a bit. I still can't work out why Sara Del Rey isn't signed to WWE or TNA.

Oh and Mike Adamle can fuck off. Did anyone see WWECW on Tuesday? Fuck me, it was horrible. I had to stop watching. I'm sort of glad Styles has moved to an office job though. He was never the "OH MY GOD!" Styles of old in WWE apart from the first couple of One Night Stands.

That's my thoughts for the day.

havent watched all of Lockdown yet as i generally find it hard to watch TNA but the Angle/Joe match was very good probably one of the matches ive enjoyed most in tna (although i do hardly ever watch it).

Also i didnt think they could ruin ECW much more but i should have known they would find a way.

Backlash tomorrow has one of the worst card's I've ever seen. There's a bunch of boring Wrestlemania rematches, a 12 way diva match and a Batista v Shawn Michaels match that precisely 0 people are interested in, oh and Khali vs Big Show! Possibly lining up to tbe the worst match on PPV ever. Mind you I'll still watch it.

Looks like Regal is coming back to full time wrestling - see his interview on the Sun website today.

Rumour is that Mick Foley will be taking over from Coach on commentary on Smackdown, I really hope it's true, Coach is a horrible commentator, and he had big shoes to fill after JBL who was brilliant. I remember Foley from the first One Night Stand he was pretty darn good on that.

havent watched all of Lockdown yet as i generally find it hard to watch TNA but the Angle/Joe match was very good probably one of the matches ive enjoyed most in tna (although i do hardly ever watch it).

Also i didnt think they could ruin ECW much more but i should have known they would find a way.

I actually like the new ECW. Ok it's about as far removed from old ECW as it's possible to get, but with Raw and SD being packed with all the big musclebound lummoxes like Batista, Undertaker, HHH, Umaga, they put all the smaller more agile guys on ECW and the wrestling on it is always top notch. It's really the closest thing WWE have to an X-Division, with guys like Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Chavito, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, it's a nice change from watching huge guys punch and clothesline each other. I've got high hopes for Kingston like, I've bee really impressed with him.

Backlash tomorrow has one of the worst card's I've ever seen. There's a bunch of boring Wrestlemania rematches, a 12 way diva match and a Batista v Shawn Michaels match that precisely 0 people are interested in, oh and Khali vs Big Show! Possibly lining up to tbe the worst match on PPV ever. Mind you I'll still watch it.

Looks like Regal is coming back to full time wrestling - see his interview on the Sun website today.

Rumour is that Mick Foley will be taking over from Coach on commentary on Smackdown, I really hope it's true, Coach is a horrible commentator, and he had big shoes to fill after JBL who was brilliant. I remember Foley from the first One Night Stand he was pretty darn good on that.

yeah im gonna watch it as well but right now the only match im really interested in is Matt Hardy vs MVP. Im hopeing they do something with regal now hes King and not just waste it but remembering what they did with King Booker dosent exactly fill me with hope. Getting rid of coach for foley would be a massive improvement but Cole is still terrible

I actually like the new ECW. Ok it's about as far removed from old ECW as it's possible to get, but with Raw and SD being packed with all the big musclebound lummoxes like Batista, Undertaker, HHH, Umaga, they put all the smaller more agile guys on ECW and the wrestling on it is always top notch. It's really the closest thing WWE have to an X-Division, with guys like Kofi Kingston, CM Punk, Chavito, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, it's a nice change from watching huge guys punch and clothesline each other. I've got high hopes for Kingston like, I've bee really impressed with him.

Yeah i know what ya mean i guess its just because its called ECW when its not really irritates me. It surely cant be long till they move CM Punk out of ECW and the Money In The Bank could be the way to do it although by doing that they do remove ECW's only big Babyface (kingston will get there in time but just not yet but im really enjoying his matches so far)

Also whos all got tickets for Raw in november?

Backlash

Heres my thoughts on Backlash since I have nothing better to do just now.

Matt Hardy vs MVP

A good opening match, pretty fast paced and entertaining. I am always impressed with MVP, I think he's got a great future ahead of him, he's got the ring skills and a good gimmick. Good to see Matt get a title but really he lives in Jeff's shadow these days and rightly so - Jeff offers something not many other WWE guys have, Matt doesn't have anything special. And please, somebody teach him how to cut a promo, his one after his match was garbage!

Kane v Chavo

This was a total mismatch from the start but they gave it their all, pretty poor way for kane to start his title reign though, he always looks better against the bigger guys.

Big Show vs Great Khali

Maybe the worst match ever to feature on a WWE pay per view.

Shawn Michaels v Batista

It was a good match, I can't stand HBK but give him his dues, he really gets the crowd whipped into a frenzy with all the near falls and taking a total beating and still going. the ending was good but a little strange, I did believe he was genuinely injured. There was absolutely no point in Jericho being invlolved as referee as he did nothing except officiate, it didn't put him over, or plant seeds of a heel turn, though after seeing Raw on Monday it looks like he might turn heel and start a program with HBK. Which is good for Jerichoholics, his and Shawn's styles will work well together and he'll get the chance to shine, whereas his feuds with Orton and JBL didn't exactly set the world on fire.

The 12 diva tag match was really just there for titliation. I watched it but I felt dirty afterwards.

Undertaker v Edge

Brilliant match. These two really get the best out of each other and this rivarly still clearly has legs. Edge may be the best heel in the company at the moment. They've really built up Taker's lethal choke hold and Edge sold it like he'd had his throat crushed. Can't wait for the rematch, hopefully edge will win his title back!

Cena v Hunter v orton v JBL

Predictable but enjoyable. I figured straight away that JBL would be first eliminated since they didn't even bother showing him on screen before the match. he was really just there to make up the numbers. Though I was surprised to see Cena get eliminated so quickly. Orton and Trips really raised the game once there was just those two left, though it was just brawling, no pretty stuff. saw the ending coming a mile off though since it was exactly the same as the previous two matches!

Other thoughts.

All the matches finished with a clean pin or tap out, which was a nice change. I hate DQs and countouts and shite like that.

Foley was pretty good on colour commentary, he did have a tendency to go on a bit too much and talk during important parts of the match while Cole was trying to do play by play. But the difference between him and Coach was glaringly obvious. What Foley does so well is he talks up every move as though it's complete agony, describing how it hurts and why it hurts, suddenly you look at headlocks and armbars in a whole new light. Once he learns when to shut up I think he'll be awesome.

:love:

PPS just watching smackdown now, taker has been stripped of the title! Fuckin 'ell!

Seriously? When did that happen?! Anyone get tickets for Survivor Series at the AECC in November?

yeah i managed to get tickets like

Heres my thoughts on Backlash since I have nothing better to do just now.

Big Show vs Great Khali

Maybe the worst match ever to feature on a WWE pay per view.

surely kahli vs kane at mania was worse..thats from memory so i could be wrong..

also as another comment whats the opinion on regals current push? i personally can wait to see him back doing some proper full length matches looking like him vs kennedy which could be good with kennedy turning face. Also does anyone have any ideas what the angle is with the end of ECW with tazz and adamle walking off?