aberdeen-music

Bugera amps.... and tube amps in general.

Huw

I'd be quite disappointed if you bought one. The hassle for saving a bit isn't worth it IMO. 5150s can be had cheap enough and you're not going to be worrying nearly as much :)

I've not had problems with my ENGLs - yes the SE is fucking expensive as hell - I wouldn't get the same sound or one nearly good enough by comparison for cheap, especially not with reliability included!

I won't buy one...:up:

• 2 weeks later...

don't know who to agree with here......i got B flanger from my 11 year old daughter for xmas...her face was all lit up when i velcroed it to my pedalboard.........when i get to gigs i swap it out for an old MXR flanger that cost 100......these B pedals at least let kids and skint folk..( students )...experiment without breaking the bank

To the chap who is speaking about his well-used DSL50... Modern Marshalls seem to be a bit of a lottery too, especially when it comes to the PCB's which are prone to overheating and just melting because they are cheaply and badly made. You're lucky to have never have encountered a problem with it. My PCB's melted, causing it to just stop making any sound whatsoever and get ridiculously hot. They were all replaced with some nice and sturdy hand wired circuitry, point to point and all that. Apart from that, I've never had a problem with it, and it sounds great.

My only beef with it is that there is like a 1/4 of a second pause in the output when changing the channel. That is a bit piss. I don't know if there is any kind of mod available to stop this.