aberdeen-music

North Tonight.....ace!

Alan Cynic

Did anybody else just see North Tonight's report on the head and hand found on Arbroath beach?

They went to the weather report, but left the visuals running of the 'bits' being carted off in a big blue bag. Meanwhile the weather guy was telling us it was a real 'mixed-bag' of a day (visuals of body bag still onscreen).

Wonderful stuff:up:

Guest Neutral

"I can imagine the children would be quite surprised and shocked, it would be quite grim for them"

Understatement quoted from page three of the Evening Express on Tuesday the first of April 2008

Also members of the public were warned they face seeing a large police presence in the area....

Ha. I think North Tonight is repeated in the middle of the night for insomniacs, alcoholics and angry loners.

Apparently the kid's dad said he would never get ahead in life playing about on the beach.

Alan, I read a report saying that they expect the main part of the body to turn up next, (t)or so they say.

The wee kids must've got a shock!

(I was going to say they were probably 'hacked off' at their day being ruined, but it'll be something they can tell their grandchildren about).

Wonder which bits will turn up next?(

at least they didn't find an arse in a bag, that would have been a real bummer.

or some chopped up genitallia, I would have felt a bit of a prick, handing that into the bobbies.

- Tone

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

----------phil.

Nicely lowered there Phil:up:

On the Stand Free forum someone said it 'obviously wasn't a bag for life'.

I'm hoping Arbroath will use it as a tourist attraction on posters...

"Head to Arbroath beach"

"Arbroath.....never an 'off-hand' experience"

"Arbroath - a great place for beachcombing. You take the comb, we'll provide the heads"

that didn't take the police long...

I wonder if a liverpuddlian lost "our hand?"

The head in the bag....I wonder what the kids are thinking when they clocked her face?

(Sorry Elwood...I just read your post after I fired on in... I loose!)

I wonder if finding a second hand in a sand dune is like finding a needle in a haystack?

Didn't they find a few bits at Broughty Ferry a few weeks back? Wonder if these are connected?

I missed that, but, having just checked, I found it was the leg of a male. I hope this isn't the start of some new-fangled youth craze, with bags of body parts appearing on all east-coast beaches. Still...beats hula hoops, or clackers, or deely-boppers I suppose.

I'm surprised there haven't been any 'Beachy Head' headlines.

'member they found a head on Barrasie Beach in Troon a few years back as well. I was on that beach just not long before they found it. Creepy. Weird place Troon. I was there on a night out visiting friends, I went to the toilets in a night club (the only nightclub), some bloke tried to get off with me, then the next time I went to the toilets I got head butted by some random, then back in the bar I met probably the ugliest, fattest chick I've ever seen, who I then went home with and shagged in her creepy bedroom that was done up like a little kid's bedroom and was fll of teddies and dolls, afterwards she locked me in her house and wouldn't let me leave, I had to make a break for it and I ended up wandering around the streets for two hours cos I had no idea where I was staying. Fun times!

(Edit - actually having looked it up that wasn't a few years ago, it was in 1999)