aberdeen-music

April Fools

framheim

I kind of fell for this one today:

GMTV - Slimming with So-tox

Was watching it this morning and thinking to myself "this can't be real. Surely it's nonsense, you just can't lose that amount of weight in 6 weeks. Why does she look so strange in the before footage, like a skinny girl in a fat suit? But it's on Lorraine Kelly, it must be true. Silver thread!? That's rubbish, these things are always found to be rubbish. What's going on?"

Then when I mentioned it to a colleague I met on the way to the office the first thing she said was "surely it was an april fools".

That's when I started swearing.

It's unfair to do them on breakfast tv.

Here's a techy one :

CIA demands UK halts interrogation tactics | The Register

Good one from Google today:

Virgle: The Adventure of Many Lifetimes

They've really spent too much time on this.

Just took the test to see if I could go to mars:

Virgle: The Adventure of Many Lifetimes

Well, you're distressingly normal and could conceivably adjust to life as a deep space pioneer, though we recommend instead that you leave the Mars missions to the serious whack jobs who scored over 130 and instead finish year 3 of law school, tuck your toddler into bed, design Web 2.0 applications, run for Congress or do whatever other normal, healthy, middle-of-the-road thing you're currently doing with your normal, healthy, middle-of-the-road life. If you're determined to give Virgle a try, though, you can submit your video here.

and wikipedia's contribution to the day's 'hilarity'

Ima Hogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

though it must be said a very well done one with even the links in the references containing information on miss ima hogg. but her story is so ridiculous that it can't be true. it appears also that wikipedia's entire front page is filled with april fools nonsense.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

scroll down to the bottom of the front page for the cyborg insects video posted by newscientistvideo.

edit: in fact, click on anything on the front page for the same result, bah! that's a pretty good one from youtube.

It's not an april fools, just a really annoying fad that's been going on recently

BBC NEWS | Help | Welcome to Video and Audio from BBC News.

Rick Roll. You Got Rick Rolled

Rick Astley 'Rick Roll' video prank becomes web phenomenon | News | NME.COM

Rick Astley | Pop has been | Back thanks to net prank | The Sun |HomePage|Showbiz|Music

aye, but surely youtube putting them as the 'featured' videos on their front page is an april fools.

I like this one:

Oxford United will hold a Rodeo Day competition as the bronze ox statue outside their ground has been fitted with a "bucking bronco" setting. Making guest appearances at the event will be Billy Ray Cyrus, Billy Boy Walton, Billy Ray Reardon and Roy Walker. (Oxford club website).

Love from Christy

The best one I saw was about 10-15 years ago when Eric Cantona had just left Man United. The P&J had the back page headline that he had signed for Ross County, and they had a big picture of him wearing a County shirt and holding a Ross COunty scarf.Of course it was a lifesize cardboard cut out, but a young me fell for it.....

EDIT - in fact here it is:

Cantona joins County

The best one I saw was about 10-15 years ago when Eric Cantona had just left Man United. The P&J had the back page headline that he had signed for Ross County, and they had a big picture of him wearing a County shirt and holding a Ross COunty scarf.Of course it was a lifesize cardboard cut out, but a young me fell for it.....

My Grandad fell for it as well.