aberdeen-music

[GIG] They Died Too Young + Our Own Devices + Katerwaul + Iname @ The Tunnels

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

consolation- the two bands split is out extremly soon.

according to react with protest should be around three weeks. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

didnt feel it deserved a thread all of its own. sorry. well, it did, but nobody would talk about it anyway.

Taken from good ol' myspace:

"They Died Too Young -Died

We are sadly going to be calling it a day as from August, This was not an easy choice to make, but we just feel They Died Too Young has come to a natural end..

We are more than happy with all that we have done and achieved..

We never wanted to get onto Top of the pops, but just to travel around with each other, meet new people and play with some of the best bands in the country which we very much enjoyed doing....

We've been playing together since we were 16, and it was nearly ten years ago exactly since our first gig at the Peel way back in August 1998...

Some of you will remember the days of 'Throat Oyster' (one show only in a kitchen) 'Anti-Womb' and 'The Womb'.. and if you do, thanks for still being our friend.

Thanks to everyone who has ever been to a show, played with us, put us on, put us up for the night, made us breakfast, bought a cd, worn a t-shirt or badge, or supported us in any way. We are all best of friends still and will all surely be doing other projects in the future so keep your eyes peeled.

Our last ever gig will be at our spiritual home of the Fighting Cocks in Kingston, and it would mean the world to us if you came down and said goodbye. Its on Saturday August 9th and we will be sure to dust off some old songs for old friends too.

*PLEASE NOTE*

We want to continue playing shows up to August 9th,

So please if you want to put us on one last time just drop us a mail.."

This is less good.

• 2 weeks later...

Random Point of Information:

They died too youngs label mates on Lockjaw records, A new day are due to play the tunnels two days before this on the 26th

Pretty smart punk rock,ala Pennywise early offspring, pretty smart.

MySpace.com - A NEW DAY - PERFECT PASSION OUT 19th MAY - UK - Punk / Rock / Hardcore - www.myspace.com/anewdayuk

Sean from sick trick/3 times round/sunset squad/acoustic linkin park covers plays guitar on tour for them

• 2 weeks later...
I hope so. Or else im just going to be very drunk... by myself.
i can speak on behalf of tdty that they will def be up for post gig shennanigans. I will too unfortunately.

BOING

boing indeed.

think me and Calum are heading out too.

' date=' post: 462098"']boing indeed.

think me and Calum are heading out too.

Dunno like, remember what happened last time you got a few drinks in you at a gig? Lights were smashed, venues were closed. Not by you, granted, but you're a disgrace nonetheless.