aberdeen-music

Anti-Emo Riots Break Out Across Mexico

Neil

Dressing up as a goth or emo or whatever is a conscious decision, and yes it would be great if people could dress how they liked without being jeered at or beaten up, but that's not the kind of world we live in.
So, the kind of world we live in, IE society, is the problem.

Dig yourself a deeper hole, fuck face.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the point. Like you said, it would be great, but its not, cos theres a problem, that problem being "its not the type of world we live in". So yes, it is society's problem.

There's nothing provocative about a haircut. And there's nothing outlandish about it when theres thousands upon thousands of them all over the fucking world. So basically, there is no reason for this, other than ignorance. And you're no fucking better for thinking otherwise.

It's also society's problem that these 'boneheaded homophobic thugs' exist and act upon their misguided prejudices, then.

And I never compared anything to homosexuality or homophobia, incase that final sentence was directed at me.

Violent, intolerant people are always going to exist, there is no solution to this that will produce a 100% liberal, tolerant, peaceful populace. Which is why it's absurd that these kids act affronted when the reality of this hits them, in this case literally.

Violent, intolerant people are always going to exist, there is no solution to this that will produce a 100% liberal, tolerant, peaceful populace. Which is why it's absurd that these kids act affronted when the reality of this hits them, in this case literally.
If that's your view point, quit whinging about palestine and israel, cos zionism and religious war is always going to exist, and you should stop your constant fucking whining about it. As well as your constant moaning about expressing your opinion, albeit in a really unconstructive manner, cos people are always going to take offense to it.

Pull your head out your ass.

If that's your view point, quit whinging about palestine and israel, cos zionism and religious war is always going to exist, and you should stop your constant fucking whining about it. As well as your constant moaning about expressing your opinion, albeit in a really unconstructive manner, cos people are always going to take offense to it.

Pull your head out your ass.

Wow, you really are a lot thicker than I ever suspected.

Your basic argument is "its like that, its been like this for ages, so deal with it".

So why does it only apply to this situation?

Cock-end.

No, my argument is not that "its always existed so deal with it" my argument is that it intolerant, violent people will always exist, in any society, but hey why bother reading and comprehending a notion which isn't a particularly difficult concept to grasp when you can just call someone a cock-end instead of admitting you're too stupid to understand it?

No, my argument is not that "its always existed so deal with it" my argument is that it intolerant, violent people will always exist, in any society, but hey why bother reading and comprehending a notion which isn't a particularly difficult concept to grasp when you can just call someone a cock-end instead of admitting you're too stupid to understand it?
change my post to "its like, it WILL ALWAYS be liek that, so deal with it." and the point remains the same.

so will most other things that you fucking whinge about. yet you still whinge about them.

and yes, you';re a cock-end.

l_7bd139515ed9c9f3b3b64757a6e4df6f.gif

Comparing this to homophobia is absurd, because these people have deliberately chosen to make themselves stand out.

'Forum posts show similar sentiments. One person wrote on a government youth-website forum, "detesto a los emosexuales," which translates as "I hate emosexuals." Emosexual is an obvious play on homosexual, especially in Spanish, where the H is silent.

Many of the attacks have been planned, or at least fomented, on violently anti-emo websites like Movimiento Anti Emosexual, which features videos of physical violence sprinkled liberally with anti-gay sentiment. Last.fm's Anti Emo Death Squad group has almost 4,000 members.'

change my post to "its like, it WILL ALWAYS be liek that, so deal with it." and the point remains the same.

so will most other things that you fucking whinge about. yet you still whinge about them.

and yes, you';re a cock-end.

the only person whinging and acting like a dick in this thread is you.

Guest Steven Dedalus

I'm sort of with Stripey on this one, but I'm not coming at it from the same perspective as him (if you know what i mean...)

Haircuts, or clothes can be, and are, provocative, whether we like it or not. For a lot of people, how they dress and appear is defined by their desire to be 'different'.

I myself have dyed my hair red for about 8 years, and whilst I'm not doing it to be provocative (I'm doing it becuase I - inccorectly - thought it made me look like David Bowie, circa 1975), I am aware that every time I go to Boots and buy some hairdye, someone is going to interpret what I have done as a gesture towards society, rather than an honest desire to not have mousey brown hair.

These kids know that they are dressing 'differently', and whilst I don't for one second think that justifies beating them up, I do think they are naive to assume that a society such as Mexico would just tolerate their decision.

On the other hand, if this stirs up debate, etc, perhaps it can raise a few issues that need to be sorely examined.

FOr me, one interesting point of all this is that it ain't 'normal' society that's attacking them, it's the punks. The so-caled inclusive spirit of punk, with it's 'do anything' creed has now turned upon itself (after all, emo is a sub-genre of punk).

Personally, I think this poses some serious ethical questions to anyone who considers themselves punk.

But on the other hand, I had a 15 minute conversation with someone in my office today about why I drink the most rotten flavour of coffee on purpose (so that I don't enjoy it, and keep working), so clearly I think too much about these things.

Yes, many do like fannies, but still I wouldn't beat them up because of it.

Does anyone have a clue what this means? I'm pretty sure the Mexican kids aren't being beaten up because they like fannies.

Love from Christy

EDIT: Just realised that someone else has already cleared this up. Good een.

If you deliberately choose to dress in an outlandish, provocative manner, and it attracts the wrong kind of attention, as a fashion victim that's your problem, not society's.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a ridiculous statement to make? I know most people tend to take Stripey's tabloid-esque, attention seeking sensationalism with a pinch of salt, but this one really pulls the pisser.

Love from Christy

I get daily abuse for the way i dress and look. I can't go on a night out without some tosser punching me/trying to start a fight with me. All because i wear skinny jeans and have black hair with a blonde "emo fringe" Aparantly thoose things make me a "faggot/poof/bender", obviously not taking the fact i have been in a happy relationship with my girlfriend for over a year now into account.

Is that my problem or society's..? To be honest here i'm going to take the middle line and say i think it's both. It is DEFINATLEY Society's fault that stuff like this happens, and narrow minded homophobic wankers like this exist. But i suppose i could change the way i look, so in that sense i can blame society for the problem, but at the same time i COULD stop it, but at the price of completley changing myself. Fuck that, i can look after myself in a fight, and since i hit 6' 5" not as many people fuck with me anymore.

(I'd just like to point out i really don't class myself as emo in the slightest. I am generally speaking a happy person, and my music taste is VERY varied... i like a bit of everything)

Dressing up as a goth or emo or whatever is a conscious decision, and yes it would be great if people could dress how they liked without being jeered at or beaten up, but that's not the kind of world we live in.

Common sense and pragmatism suggets that if you live in a society full of boneheaded homophobic thugs, it's a bad idea to deliberately make yourself look androgynous or effeminate and waltz down the high street holding hands with your boyfriend.

The notion these kids typically hold that society ought to bend to accommodate their every childish whim just shows how naive they really are.

Comparing this to homophobia is absurd, because these people have deliberately chosen to make themselves stand out.

I'm sorry, what? So those Germans who stood against the Nazi regime in Germany were idiots? They should have just been quietly complicit in genocide?

I'm no lefty tub-thumper, but you're being absolutely ridiculous.