aberdeen-music

Wrestlemania 24 predictions

Lemonade

Post your predictions for the big one.

WWE Championship: Randy Orton © vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

A toss up between Cena and Triple H - though Trips hasn't held the belt for any substantial amount of time in years, and his recent WM record is dismal (he missed last year through injury, tapped out to Cena in 06, got pinned clean by Batista in 05 and tapped out to Benoit in 04!) - he must be due a win so I'd pick Hunter for the gold.

World Championship: Edge © vs. The Undertaker

As I recall the plan for last year was for Taker to win at Mania and keep hold of the belt for a last long run with it before he retires (next year allegedly). Though that went to fuck when he knackered his arm almost immediately after winning the belt so I think they'll do the same for him this year. He's going to keep that undefeated streak as it's a selling point every year - can someone end Takers streak? - and they make money off it every year. They'd be crazy to end it. Taker all the way.

MITB ladder match: Mr. Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho vs. Carlito vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. CM Punk vs. John Morrison

I think surely Jeff was the favourite to win this but now he's out it's thrown a cat among the pigeons. Well, Shelton, Carlito, MVP, Punk and Morrison are nowhere near the heavyweight championship picture (unless they challenge for the ECW belt), so it's got to be between Kennedy and Jericho. Y2J had a contender run earlier in the year and the fans didn't really buy into it, Kennedy was due a run last year before he got injured and lost the breifcase to Edge. For this reason I'm picking Kennedy again (unless they let Punk or Morrison challenge for the ECW belt)

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. The Big Show

Aye right, like Mayweather is going to come in on a big payday and lose a fake, scripted match. Pfft!

Umaga vs. Batista

Umaga been on a bit of a losing streak lately, I think Batista will take this one.

Career threatening match - Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

There's been so much hype over Flair recently it's pretty obvious he's retiring. Shawnto win.

Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match: Maria and Ashley vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina

Who cares? As long as Melina is wearing something slutty.:love:

Belfast Brawl: Finlay vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

I think JBL, simply because they seem to have plans for his character, but they've never really done anything with Finlay (possibly due to his age)

24-man Battle RoyalParticipants are: Elijah Burke, Lance Cade, Deuce, Domino, Tommy Dreamer, Jim Duggan, Festus, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly, Jesse, Kane, Brian Kendrick, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Shannon Moore, Trevor Murdoch, Jamie Noble, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Snitsky, Matt Striker, Val Venis and Jimmy Wang Yang. The winner will face Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship at WrestleMania.

Wow there's a lot of shite in that ring. My heart says Kane to win cos they never do anything with him and I think he's brilliant, but my head says they'll give it to some immobile useless lummox, ie Khali or Mark Henry.

ECW Championship: Chavo Guerrero © vs. TBD

Chavo will lose to one of the lummoxes.

Wrestling is great

wrestling.jpg

hulkster-gets-frisky.jpg

It would be a nice twist to see the winner of the money in the bank (Mr Kennedy) cash it in though I dont see it happening. Agree with the result of everything except the ECW Battle royal were I reckon they finally give something to Kane unless he doesnt wnat it. Read somewhere that he was supposed to be taker at Mania 14 but refused because he has so much respect for him. Last prediction is that Hornswoggle will turn resulting ina JBL win This PPV looks really good on paper hopefully it will be.

WWE Championship: Randy Orton © vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

This is a tricky one Cena and Hunter are going into this strong and Orton ended RAW last week getting his ass handed to him by a bunch of people. HHH and Cena also don't need to get the belt to be over whereas Orton would be a bona fide main event player for years to come if he wins at 'Mania. So, I'm going to say Orton retains.

World Championship: Edge © vs. The Undertaker

I don't see Taker winning the belt this year as a fued with him and Edge would be big money for a few months. I also don't see Taker's streak ending so I'm going to boldy state that, for only the second time at a Wrestlemania, the match will end with a disqualification in Taker's favour. He keeps his streak, Edge keeps the belt and everyone's happy.

MITB ladder match: Mr. Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho vs. Carlito vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. CM Punk vs. John Morrison

So, no Jeff Hardy which makes this one pretty difficult to call. I'm going to say either Morrison or CM Punk will win it. I hope Kennedy doesn't.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. The Big Show

Mayweather will win but I'm not sure how.

Umaga vs. Batista

As Elwood said, Umaga's been on a bit of a losing streak recently which is why I predict he'll win this match. Whoever looks weakest going into PPV's generally wins. Plus Umaga has been getting pushed a s amonster again and this would be a pretty good time to put over further.

Career threatening match - Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Michales wins. I'd love it if all the wrestlers came out and give Flair a round of applause at then end. I think Flair deserves that at least.

Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match: Maria and Ashley vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina

The faces will win. Couldn'rt give a fuck about this match but I'm looking forward to a hilarious exchange between Santino and Mr Snoopy Dogg.

Belfast Brawl: Finlay vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Honswoggle returns and either helps Finlay win or JBL will win by disqualification. My money's on a clean Finlay win though.

24-man Battle RoyalParticipants are: Elijah Burke, Lance Cade, Deuce, Domino, Tommy Dreamer, Jim Duggan, Festus, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly, Jesse, Kane, Brian Kendrick, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Shannon Moore, Trevor Murdoch, Jamie Noble, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Snitsky, Matt Striker, Val Venis and Jimmy Wang Yang. The winner will face Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship at WrestleMania.

Tommy Dreamer wins the battle royal and then wins the belt. A bold prediction perhaps but I hope it goes down that way. Dreamer's been getting little bits and pieces in on ther mic and in his articles about wanting to have his Wrestlemania moment and this could be it. After all, he one of the most over ECW wrestlers and, let's be honest, the majority iof WWE fans couldn't give a fuck about that belt. If Dreamer doesn't win it'll be Khali just to keep their ratings up in some international markets.

ECW Championship: Chavo Guerrero © vs. TBD

Dreamer wins. By the way, the battle royal is now on the Wrestlemania pre-show so it'll just be the title match shown live.

I'd also like to point out that if Matt Hardy returns at some point tonight, either in the Money in the Bank or the Battle Royal, he will win.

This Wrestlemania should be good fun!

Anyone watch it? Thought it was pretty mixed with some amazing stuff like the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and Randy Orton winning to the most awful stuff in a long time(ECW and Floyd Mayweather and Big Show). Flairs retiring seemed like a bit of an anti-climax and a disgrace for the greatest wrestler of all time!

I haven't watched it yet but I'll see it this week. From what I have read of the results and seen of the pictures it sounds like it was a good show. Delighted to finally see Kane win something, even if it is probably the 5th most prestigious title in the company (and would probably be 6th if they hadn't retired the Cruiserwight belt). Kinda glad to see Orton keep the title just to keep it off Cena who I don't like, and HHH who by all accounts is a bit of a dick. Orton is now established as a proper champ, and he's a good heel. Taker beating Edge was pretty predictable. As for Flair retiring - well I think it's about time. In fact 5 years ago would have been about time. No disrespect to him as he has been one of the best if not the best wrestler of all time, but he's just carried on a couple of years too long and he's looked awkward and slow for the past few years to the point where he's almost a liability. I just hope he stays retired and it's not just another angle.