aberdeen-music

Connect Festival 2008

french_disko

Here's the line up for the Electric Picnic in Ireland. Same weekend as Connect & had a similar line up as Connect last year. So using the age old equation of 2 + 2 = 5, I am guessing the Connect bill will be similar.

or I may be talking shite.

Drowned in Sound - News - Sex Pistols, Sigur Ros, Franz and MBV for Electric Picnic 2008

Sex Pistols

Sigur Ros

Grinderman

Franz Ferdinand

George Clinton And The P-Funk Allstars

My Bloody Valentine

Goldfrapp

Christy Moore

Wilco

The Gossip

Duffy

Foals

Underworld

Tinariwen

CSS

Tindersticks

New Young Pony Club

Josh Ritter

Lisa Hannigan

Cathy Davey

That Petrol Emotion

The Breeders

Michael Franti And Spearhead

Sinead O'Connor

The Waterboys

The Roots

Kila

Micah P Hinson

Conor Oberst

Hayseed Dixie

Candi Staton

Juana Molina

Turin Brakes

Faust

Midnight Juggernauts

Tartit

Hadouken!

Silver Apples

Mark Geary

Teitur

Blitzen Trapper

Absentee

Balanescu Quartet

Lou Rhodes

Adrian Crowley

One Day International

The Yard Dogs

Tobias Froberg

Boss Volenti

Dawn Landes

Constantines

Yacht

The Lionheart Brothers

Large Mound

Emmy The Great

Kormac And The BSQ Band

Jape

The Noisettes

Dublin Gospel Choir

First announcement is supposed to be today.

Efestivals are reporting a more mainstream list of headliners than last year - Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian and the Manic Street Preachers which would be disappointing.

Sigur Ros, My Bloody Valentine, Levellers, The Breeders likely to be playing also.

First announcement is supposed to be today.

Efestivals are reporting a more mainstream list of headliners than last year - Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian and the Manic Street Preachers which would be disappointing.

Sigur Ros, My Bloody Valentine, Levellers, The Breeders likely to be playing also.

The Levellers smell.

Of poo.

I'm happy with Franz, Manics, Mercury Rev, Camera Obscura and Grinderman, but Kasabian! Might encourage a more boorish bunch to come. The most boorish person I personally met last year was a dickhead in a Mogwai t-shirt (naturally) who question my sexuality because I didn't have any narcotics on me.

I'm happy with Franz, Manics, Mercury Rev, Camera Obscura and Grinderman, but Kasabian! Might encourage a more boorish bunch to come. The most boorish person I personally met last year was a dickhead in a Mogwai t-shirt (naturally) who question my sexuality because I didn't have any narcotics on me.

maybe you should grow a pair and take heaps o drugs with you this year then?

Its a good thing that you are confused, dont worry - but if he had called it "poppers" instead, (like he should of just done really) would you be less confused?

Although i wasnt feeling the Boorish jibe so much...

I only know the likes of Yellow Bentines, Clarky Cats and Hattie Jacques Pretentious Cheese Wog.

Im actually not too bothered about the bands. Connect was so fucking good last year that it's gonna be a yearly pilgrimage for me :up:

Sigur ros is a major bonus though! :love:

I'm the same. Enjoyed it so much last year I promised my friend on the bus home on the Monday that we'd go again. Franz, Manics and Grinderman's doing it for me at the moment... Mmm...

• 1 month later...