aberdeen-music

Recommendations for headphones?

Morning View

• 3 months later...

I need a new pair of headphones.

Wanna buy in town today, after work (I finish half 5)

Where's good? One Up don't seem to do Sennheiser's anymore. I just want normal in-ear ones, not those in-ear with rubber nipple brain drill things. Looking to spend 15-30.

HIT ME UP, BITCHEZ!

I'm glad this thread is back.

I always just buy cheap headphones and get annoyed when they break, before spending 3 on a replacement pair. Looking to invest in some decent headphones for once and am thinking possibly these: WESC Oboe Black and Gold Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Any thoughts?

I have a pair of them, not a particularly balanced EQ...too much bass IMO.

I use a pair of Sennheiser HD407 normally, and have no complaints at all other than they make my ears too warm when it's sunny. You should be able to pick them up online for about 15.

I find Sennheisers to be really treble-driven and they are too tinny, but then I find most "big" headphones to be too bass-driven.

I have these:

5344819A64UC185401M.jpg

which suit me fine, given the price and how they sound. However, I'm struggling to find an in-ear headphone (handy for listening to music on the bus before a night out, so I don't need to have headphones constantly wrapped around my neck) that sounds how I want it to sound.

I have very sensitive hearing as well, which doesnt help.

I find Sennheisers to be really treble-driven and they are too tinny, but then I find most "big" headphones to be too bass-driven.

I have these:

5344819A64UC185401M.jpg

which suit me fine, given the price and how they sound. However, I'm struggling to find an in-ear headphone (handy for listening to music on the bus before a night out, so I don't need to have headphones constantly wrapped around my neck) that sounds how I want it to sound.

I have very sensitive hearing as well, which doesnt help.

I concur these are great, although they are bulky.

There's some AMAZING Adidas headphones in Staples atm as well. These ones to be specific: Sennheiser HD 220 Adidas Originals Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

51gunGwrhQL._AA1000_.jpg

If I had 40 to spend on headphones, I totally would.

They had them in HMV. 69. Tempting, but I have to get a new passport!

For that money, I'd go for the Klipsch Image S4 ones I have. Great in ear headphones. The balance between bass and treble is second to none. The best thing about them is that they pretty much isolate you from all outside noise, so you don't have to crank up yr mp3 player.

For that money, I'd go for the Klipsch Image S4 ones I have. Great in ear headphones. The balance between bass and treble is second to none. The best thing about them is that they pretty much isolate you from all outside noise, so you don't have to crank up yr mp3 player.
Yeah, but they are those horrible ear canal rape type ones. can't stand them.

• 1 year later...

I'm in the market for some headphones to use for home recording.  Looking to pick a pair up for cheaps while I'm in the States.  What does everyone else use/recommend?

For mixing tracks you'll want something that isn't going to fatigue your ears so go with open cup, I use a pair of Sennheiser HD650s which are pricey but extremely natural sounding reference headphones.  They are definitely not the kind of headphones you wear out on the street.  Most of the big brands do high end referencing headphones, I've always liked the look of Grado headphones - they start expensive and go to stupidly expensive though.

It's worth having some closed cup headphones for tracking as you need the seal to reduce the amount of sound bleeding into your recording from whatever you have monitoring.  http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/BeyerDynamic_DT150_Studio_Headphones/BYR-DT150?CAWELAID=1830894950&catargetid=1821230900&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLP_1eP39LcCFWbJtAodZEwAmA

Do some research and get a listen to as many different ones as you can.

Edited by RockAustin

I bought these recently and they are decent. Very comfy fit around the ear and they are noise cancelling.

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-personal-audio/headphones-and-headsets/acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones/quietcomfort-15-headphones/

You can try them out in John Lewis or the Apple Store.

Noise cancelling headphones aren't the best for recording/mixing due to them creating wave patterns with microphones (how noise cancelling works).

• Upvote 1