aberdeen-music

Recommendations for headphones?

Morning View

Koss Plugs. 16(ish) from me at Brucies. I used to use them and they are comfortable and are good sound quality-wise as well for the price.
Do they go RIGHT INTO your ear? whenever ive tried those type, i cant get comfortable. Might give it another shot though.

EDIT: Just had a look at the, they look alright actually.

Guest treader.
I miss my EX71's ;(

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BREAK???? WHY?????!!!!!!!

I've maybe missed the mark here, but aren't they still available from the Amazon link that you posted?! They seem to be anyways.

Do they go RIGHT INTO your ear? whenever ive tried those type, i cant get comfortable. Might give it another shot though.

Yeah, they do. There are others at a simlar price that don't, some Sony's for example. I have headphones of all types in here ranging from cheap crap (6) to much higher quality in-ear stuff (79).

Feel free (Lucky as well) to pop in and see me and i'll sort you out with something.

I've maybe missed the mark here, but aren't they still available from the Amazon link that you posted?! They seem to be anyways.

I don't think so, when mine broke I contacted Amazon cos they were still under warranty and I asked for a straight replacement, but they said they couldn't get them from their supplier any more because Sony had stopped making them. I managed to get a refund out of them instead.

Guest treader.
I don't think so, when mine broke I contacted Amazon cos they were still under warranty and I asked for a straight replacement, but they said they couldn't get them from their supplier any more because Sony had stopped making them. I managed to get a refund out of them instead.

Well, I just tried to buy them and I got as far as I could without paying and there was no mention of them being out of stock. Maybe they wait until you've completed the order then send you an email saying "ehhh, sorry but no" but...might be worth a try if nothing else!?

Well, I just tried to buy them and I got as far as I could without paying and there was no mention of them being out of stock. Maybe they wait until you've completed the order then send you an email saying "ehhh, sorry but no" but...might be worth a try if nothing else!?
The 71s definitely aren't available from Sony but there may still be stock kicking around at large companies like Amazon. They were dropped as a model around about May last year.

We sell the replacement for that model, the MDREX75, for 30.

Thanks for that treader, I'll give that a try. If not, then I'll come and see you Alkaline. Are the replacements any good?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

i'm needing a pair today, anybody got a reason for me not to hit BM and get those koss ones?

hopefully they take amex..i've just been hit with a fucking 700 pound garage bill :)

I use Creative ones off eBay for about a tenner. They work well but I think the cable is slightly on the short side. Any incident whilst out walking the dog means that the ear plugs and mp3 player go into a Tom and Jerry kind of whirlwind scene which probably lasts around 5 seconds in total.

:laughing:

I've had this pair since about last November and they broke on Friday :( The comply tips are amazing and I have about 3 sets left so wonder whether to buy another pair of these or get a different brand of earphone. Anyone know of a similar set around the same money that are maybe slightly more durable...? I have only ever tried the silicon tips that came with this set but they were horrible. The Foam ones are much better and give better sound isolation and are more comfy

Play.com (UK) : Goldring GX200 Hi-Fi Stereo Earphones (Green) : Electronics - Free Delivery

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild

These Sennheiser PX100 headphones are getting a lot of attention, but I'm a stickler for cancelling out background noise - I often listen to music whilst walking. How do these fair? They look like they'd just cover the ear and no more...

These Sennheiser PX100 headphones are getting a lot of attention, but I'm a stickler for cancelling out background noise - I often listen to music whilst walking. How do these fair? They look like they'd just cover the ear and no more...

I've had my set for 4 years. They're lightweight and comfy (and I have 'big lugs' issues with headphones) and they sound great but they don't have backs so not so good at blocking out noise. Personally, I feel that's a bonus as I don't want to get run down.

You can get a neckband variety of them as well, PMX100. The PX100s are a bit fiddly as they're foldable and come with a case but I got used to the ritual of packing them away eventually.

I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD 415s but they're too big and hurt my jaw after a while for some reason. I listen to my music quite loud (Actually because i have bad hearing and need to have it loud in order to hear it clearly, not the typical knob you can hear his Ipod from one end of union street to the other) If i were to get the PX100s i wouldn't have to hear everything going around me would i? And people around me be able to hear my music? I don't typical buy headphones that lay over my ears so just wondering about the sound bleeding out and end up listening to everything going on around me.

Use mine at work and don't have any problems... I sit next to a fucking photocopier which is loud and pretty much going all the time. Never have any complaints from folk working around me about it being overly loud. I like them cause they're comfy and you don't really get ear fatigue like with closed cups or in ear rubber jobs.

I hate the in ear ones you need to put around your neck, they suck.

Need to keep some in ear ones for running though, the PX100s would fall off right?

They're very adjustable, 'clingy' and light so I think they'd fare better than most, though I don't run so I don't speak from experience. The neckband PMX100 variant might be better for activity but you said you don't like things around your neck so I don't know if that would suit you.