aberdeen-music

Anybody fancy a pint in Peep-Peeps?

Lemonade

Wasn't there a thread on this 2 years ago?

2 years ago.

Early last year.

Late last year.

And this one.

It's a bit tired now, innit?

My mate Paul (guy behind the bar) has moved out of the other flat for good and the license is getting renewed so It's just a matter of time before the doors are closed so take every opportunity you can to get in (when it's open.)

In case anyone missed the last thread Cummy (the friendly landlord) hasn't left his bedroom, let alone house in almost two years now so he won't be about.

The funniest part part is everyone thought he was for real - It was a slight exegaration to say the least. His wife was mortified. Okay, he's not exactly the most polite and articulate gentleman in the world but he hammed it up for the camera. The "casuals" are just neds as well.

Watch the whole programme - some of the bars there are real hard bars - It's scary stuff.

I love the one where the landlord's an ex - boxer and if anyone is fighting he takes them upstairs to settle their differences in the ring he has set up. Queensbury style. Ye cannae beat it.

My mate Paul (guy behind the bar) has moved out of the other flat for good and the license is getting renewed so It's just a matter of time before the doors are closed so take every opportunity you can to get in (when it's open.)

In case anyone missed the last thread Cummy (the friendly landlord) hasn't left his bedroom, let alone house in almost two years now so he won't be about.

Wait I don't get it - if it's getting renewed why is it shutting down?

And why hasn't he left his bedroom in two years?

I've never been in but it does look pretty rough to me, though there are other bars in the city I would be even less inclined to go into. Everybody talks about the 524 and The Belmont Bar as the worst places, but I would also include the Double Two bar in Torry, fuck ever going in there. I know a few people who drink in The Abbot in Kincorth and I would give that a fairly wide berth as well, I used to live beside it and seeing the kinda folks hanging about outside was enough to put me off. And that was just the kids that were left outside wjhile their dads went in for a pint! The Embassy (?) I think near Poundstretcher on Great Northern Road looks gey dodgy. The Balaclava, in fact most bars on George Street I wouldn't go near. Though I could be well wrong, there's a few bars that I always thought looked really dodgy till I went in for a pint in them and they were fine, eg . Schooner, Criterion, Brig O Dee, Bells Bar. I was in the Donview recently, which was actually a pretty nice bar, but there was some ruffians in.

My favourite bar at the moment is Filthy McNastys. It's fucking ace. Big, spacious, loads of seats, decent pint, long bar so you get served quick, fruit machines, TVs showing football, it's a perfect good old British pub! :up:

Wait I don't get it - if it's getting renewed why is it shutting down?

My apologies - I meant to say nae getting renewed!!!!!

And why hasn't he left his bedroom in two years?

He's so fucking fat!!! About 350lbs I'd reckon! When he croaks it they'll have to cut him out. Seriously.

And the Abbot is indeed one of the worst - My wife used to live across the road and I actually saw a guy being chucked through a window. Shady, shady charcters hanging about all the time.

And I agree, Filty's is an awesome bar. Often quiet as well. I'm often in there for a swifty. Underrated to buggery, that place. And a fine pint.

My favourite bar at the moment is Filthy McNastys. It's fucking ace. Big, spacious, loads of seats, decent pint, long bar so you get served quick, fruit machines, TVs showing football, it's a perfect good old British pub! :up:

Decent pub, always forget about it when I'm out though.

The George Street ones aren't too bad. Kittybrewster, Northern Bar and Butchers Arms are all ok. But I'd avoid the 524 "Cocktail Lounge".

the hen hoose is a quality pub, we have had many a brilliant night in there!

So have I - dude, you would have died laughing if you'd seen me doing Mope by Bloodhound Gang on karaoke there in front of all the oldies! I gave it laldie!!

A great bar and a guaranteed good night oot!

the hen hoose is a quality pub, we have had many a brilliant night in there!

The Hen Hoose is amazing, it's like something out of a Dispatches documentary. It also has some of the best toilet grafitti ever, notably 'Fuck The Smoking Ban. This Is Facism!'. I love political comment scrawled above urinals.

It's the kind of place you'd probably expect to be pretty rough, but it's really friendly. The best guy I saw in there was a man who must have been in his Seventies, in a full suit dancing the Charleston for what must have been 2-3 hours.