aberdeen-music

Driving me crazy - can't remember a song title?

Hi, My name is Bill, from Boston USA. An old "baby boomer" that always loved the old UK sound - probably due to full-blooded Irish roots. Also, old ax player at some local gigs in my misspent youth.

Anyway, trying to recall the name of a band and/or song title of one my favorite tunes of the early '70's. These are the clues: Scott/Brit band, lyrics went - " Just a roll of your drum and the war has just begun...." a mean electric violin solo @break. {sorry that's it - lot of weed}

The song was popular on alternative Rock stations (eg WBCN Boston, Ma) and I had the album, long lost in the shuffle. The song can be best described as a bluesy folk rock.

I am laid up and would love to find/hear this song one more time...also kinda curious if it held the test of time... if it was indeed as great a song as remembered...in a better time and place. May the Music continue to inspire, and fill those rayless days we all endure. Peace....WildBill

Unreal - that was quik....Elwood you made my day!! What a flashback, no wonder I couldn't remember the title...Sloth from Full House.

Gotta chance to see their other version in earlier times - "smashing". Now to get/hear the original studio version...loved the polished product (unless live of course).

Decades mystery solved, thanks again....WildBill.

P.S. A classic song is like a true love....never gets old!!

OK Elwood, see if you can clear this one up for me as well, it's been in my head bugging me for a few months now.

It's the chorus of a song I think, it goes "we just don't xxxx, we just don't xxxx" .

The word I'm not sure may well be "care", ie "We just don't care".

I think it's an early 80s, New Romantic style thing.

Anyone?

Just to add a fast comment (I'm at work), actually it is quite sad where the music of today has evolved. Currently stateside, there is a vacuum of good music...whereas even a mediocre song of yesteryear would sound great if released today. I'm always trying to figure out what/when things went downhill...I think a great part of it is due to the almighty $$. Hopefully the internet will change all that - to expose some untapped talent/creativity....the perfect vehicle. Another whole topic... nite gents...WB