aberdeen-music

It starts...

Mac Atom

We head into the studio tonight to set up all the stuff in anticipation of the start of the Album sessions tomorrow. Who's excited? Me for a start, and so's Len (he told me to tell you that he's dribbling with anticipation).

Anyway - if you feel like giving us any advice or well-wishes then it'd all be greatly appreciated, we're hoping to make the best of this chance thats been given to us and create a monster of an album.

We're all really excited about how the songs are sounding and all thats left to do is for us to go into the studio and make them sound as absolutley beasting as possible.

We'll see you on the other side :D

Thats right, Friday the 13th of August at the Lemon Tree with the mighty Karloff. The album will be "officially" released the following Monday (16th) and there should be many a gig going on across the country around the same time too. :D

We should hopefully be able to put some sampler snippets on the website fairly soon after the album is done to give everyone an idea of what the new stuff sounds like.

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

Make every take a performance. Don't just concentrate on playing every single note right, it'll just sound lifeless. Put some feeling into it and you can hear the difference. If you don't put the energy in, the listener won't get any out. Have fun.

Cheers for that Frosty!! Sound advice indeed :D

Guest Bob Double Jack
Originally posted by Mac Atom:

We head into the studio tonight to set up all the stuff in anticipation of the start of the Album sessions tomorrow. Who's excited? Me for a start, and so's Len (he told me to tell you that he's dribbling with anticipation).

Anyway - if you feel like giving us any advice or well-wishes then it'd all be greatly appreciated, we're hoping to make the best of this chance thats been given to us and create a monster of an album.

We're all really excited about how the songs are sounding and all thats left to do is for us to go into the studio and make them sound as absolutley beasting as possible.

We'll see you on the other side :D

Best of luck dudes - my advice would be don't make the same mistakes we did when we did our album, and go through "pods" for the guitars (we didnt record ours with Tom @ Fat Hippy - we used a studio in cuminestown). I think some of my playing on ours was as good as i have ever played, but it was let down on the production side. And don't go with anything YOU aren't happy with - it will end up eating you up inside with annoyance.

And when you fall out with anyone, remember, it's just because of the situation you are in.

All the best guys - and looking forward to the 13th Of August when we support you & Karloff.

:band:

Guest Scorge Spike

I saw the Lenster on my travels this arvo, but he looked like a man enrolled in a train of prog thinking so I left him unimpeded. This explains it then.

Errr, good luck (not that you need it of course :D ).

Ok....I'm far from being a producer or anything...but I've run sound for bands. One thing I've seen bands do, that is a big mistake, is be afraid to put reverb into the mix. They want their recording to be true to how they really sound....and so the vocals end up sounding thin and dry. They forget that in a big hall, the reverb naturally adds fullness to their voice....and that needs to be added in the studio. Don't be afraid to help out the vocals with a little layering and reverb....it's not an insult to ANY vocalist, to say this...it just makes it sound better.

Originally posted by Joe Atom:

Yes, lots of plans. It's with Karloff at the Lemon Tree in August (the 13th I think).

I hope this album is ruckus.

Just incase you fancy some Maiden-esque support on the night, don't forget about us! We would gladly aid the launch of another Atom CD :)

PS. Go kick some ass with this one!!