aberdeen-music

your rarest music?

Mgrant

my rarest stuff is probably some releases by My Cat Is An Alien - i've got vinyl, CD & cassette releases that were only released in private pressings of stupidly rare amounts like 62 copies.

their split vinyl release with thurston moore came in a handpainted wooden sleeve, autograped and numbered in an edition of 100.

indeed, probably the finest american songwriter around these days.

no he's not!

this is jason moline

(according to google)

EVschool.jpg

and this is jason molina, from magnolia electric co

articlephoto-413.jpg

what a killer mon brow, I think you'll agree, knitted indeed!

my fave "rare" thing I have is the fudge tunnel "joined at the dick" 7", artwork courtesy of the band. (an abstract bum hole with spoo all over it....nice)

Guest Steven Dedalus

I've got the 12" of '3 Imaginary boys' by the Cure singed by the 1980 line-up (including keyboardist Matthieu Hartley, whio was only in them for a few months, and didn't play on the album! Wow-wee, fact fans!).

I've also got the Martin Hannet tribute album, which features the only CD appearance of '11 o'clock, tick tock' by U2. And a load of other rubbish.

I think I still have the Wildhearts "If Life is like a Love Bank, I want an Overdraft" with the banknote in it.

And a load of other brilliant things.

I'm just great, me.

Ulver- Metamorphisis EP (signed)

Ok, not an album but I have a picture of Metallica (signed)

Pantera Walk single (vinyl)

I have lots of Devin Townsend signed albums and rare stuff including the "Christeen" single

Ironically Christeen is one of the only Devin songs that I don't really like.o_O

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I have a few things where only silly, small numbers were made. I think the "rarest" (i.e. smallest pressing) is the Gorgonized Dorks "From Enslavement To Brain Explosion" tape, a whopping 66 copies were made.

One of the funniest things I've ever read is the Charles Bronson interview where they said they would release an 11" LP in a pressing of 1, lock it in a safe and you had to climb a mountain in Switzerland to get an old hermit to tell you the code.

:up:

I've got that....but I don't remember a number on it.....it came free with an album, I seem to recall.

yeah, it was the grindcrusher comp?

that reminds me, I bought the MOSH100 record bag, with Lt Scorn / Dub War...masters of misery cd....not so rare I'd imagine.

package incl. CD/video/7" in DJ record bag

"originally released" doesn't bode well for a ltd press....now does it?

mind you...I can't find it on ebay or amazon...

(trawled from discog.com...or fittiver)

Side 1: Dig'n'Martin finally make it onto vinyl! Cheers to all you crazy sick fuckers who have supported the Earache label, and a big hi! to all hardcore buddies. Don't always believe what you read. Grindcrusher freebie 7MOSH 12A

Side 2: 'What, two bleedin' 1 second songs?' - What did you expect for nowt, cheapskate!! This disc is part of a special ltd edition pressing ~ your lucky number is 666/1000. Collectors price: 25. Earache would like to thank all bands, past and present; Accsed, Heresy, Napalm Death, Unseen Terror, Spazztic Blurr, Carcass, O.L.D., Intense Degree, Sore Throat, Electro Hippies, Repulsion, Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, Godflesh, Terrorizer, Filthy Christians, Lloyd and everybody at Revolver, John Peel, John Walters, and last but not least, YOU! A mega voodle of a disc - Grindcrusher freebie. Look out for Grindcrusher vol.2!!! 7MOSH 12B

The record I'd struggle to replace most would be a 7 X 7" ep set of Beatles covers on the Pink Lemon label a good few years back, on which I had a naff cover of 'What's the new Mary Jane'. They were supposed to come out in a fancy wooden box, but only got as far as test pressings. There are occasional rumours that it's going to surface on CD, but nothing has ever come of them.

The record I'd struggle to replace most would be a 7 X 7" ep set of Beatles covers on the Pink Lemon label a good few years back, on which I had a naff cover of 'What's the new Mary Jane'. They were supposed to come out in a fancy wooden box, but only got as far as test pressings. There are occasional rumours that it's going to surface on CD, but nothing has ever come of them.

shhh....H Mills will be after that.

I used to have a Touch Me I'm Sick 12" with labels printed on the wrong side with a letter from Blast First saying it was a limited run of 75 and all the rest had been destroyed (or something like that). Oh and signed Ciccone Youth album test pressing (or was it Daydream Nation I forget now but makes no difference as it was sold years ago with most of my vinyl)

Other than that I supposed the 'official' Blast First Sonic Youth 'Feed The Fall' bootleg cassette which is just a C90 tape of the Peel show with an official printed cover. Still got it somewhere

I have lots of Devin Townsend signed albums and rare stuff including the "Christeen" single

Ironically Christeen is one of the only Devin songs that I don't really like.o_O

That's probably why it's so rare, given the fact that you are the only person on the planet who buys Devin Townsend records. ;)

Guest Giles Walker

I have the 12" of Blue Monday by New Order and the cd singles of both Missing by Everything But The Girl and Mr Vain by Culture Beat.

I haven't checked on discogs but i reckon they might be rare.

I reckon it might be an idea to post a link to discogs when you post your 'rare' tunes, it might stop pointless posts once you realise that, say, Spiral Scratch isn't particularly rare.

Got the Gettin' Smile album by Smile signed by Roger Taylor, never heard of another signed version in existance and its rare without the signature.

Also got a set of 5" japanese CD Queen singles that are pretty rare.

A picture disk of Marillion's Market Square Heroes first single, a few thousand made and quite rare nowadays. Marillion's Best of Both worlds vinyl picture disks, now very rare, especially the Fish era one.

Various backstage passes and Triple A's. Some signed Giclee's of Marillions first 2 albums.

A welcome to the garden Party tour jacket that used to belong to Marillion's artist Mark Wlikinson (also famous for doing the second Darkness album and Judas Priest/Maiden covers etc). Loads of signed stufff...