Missing girl found alive

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Maddie declared new Hide and Seek Champion"

Sorry. Yes, straight to hell, I know...

Yep, in a handbasket!

Good news on the bairn though - and as a bonus, we won't have to listen to her mink mother whining on TV in a miserable attempt at cashing in on being the new Kate McCann.

In other news, conservative estimates put the number of Iraqi's killed at the hands of the USA and UK during 2 wars and years of sanctions at 1.5 million (1/4 a ww2 jewish holocaust) (Bush's Freedom Delusion)

Estimates using data from sources such as UNHCR and UNICEF put the figure as high as 4.5 million. (3/4 a ww2 jewish holocaust)

I'm sorry but I simply don't give a fuck about one missing kid and the pathetic media circus created around it. There are more important things in the world that living in a redtop paedo-themed soap opera fantasy world.

In other news, conservative estimates put the number of Iraqi's killed at the hands of the USA and UK during 2 wars and years of sanctions at 1.5 million (1/4 a ww2 jewish holocaust) (Bush's Freedom Delusion)

Estimates using data from sources such as UNHCR and UNICEF put the figure as high as 4.5 million. (3/4 a ww2 jewish holocaust)

I'm sorry but I simply don't give a fuck about one missing kid and the pathetic media circus created around it. There are more important things in the world that living in a redtop paedo-themed soap opera fantasy world.

Do you give a fuck about 1.5 million dead Iraqis?

Do you give a fuck about 1.5 million dead Iraqis?

Yes, it's basically genocide being perpetrated with the complicity of our government and ultimately in our names.

Oh, here's another gem in the news today, the MOD distributing american propaganda to british schools. Iraq: teachers told to rewrite history - Education News, Education - Independent.co.uk

Why is everyone talking about this missing kid instead of actual news?

Terrific news about the wee quine, some folks weekend's going to be better than they thought...

Dare I say it, even the most hackit mink shouldn't have to worry about has her daughter been raped, murdered, or eaten? no matter what us clever, cool people think. Minkism may be a fact, it's not justification for tragedy.

And although I'm pleased that the lass is home, that does not mean that I don't care about the all the other horrors perpetrated in the world, both in my name and without my 'approval'. I can actually care about two things at once. Maybe more (if I try).

Jim.

Yes, it's basically genocide being perpetrated with the complicity of our government and ultimately in our names.

Oh, here's another gem in the news today, the MOD distributing american propaganda to british schools. Iraq: teachers told to rewrite history - Education News, Education - Independent.co.uk

Why is everyone talking about this missing kid instead of actual news?

Fair point. Presumably your disgust at this is based on the fact that you value human life and don't like to see people needlessly suffering so why don't you give a fuck about an abducted girl?!

Anyhoo, I'm glad she's been found alive.

To get to 1.5million you have to start with 1 you fucking moron...

Bet you dont have children....!

To get to 1.5million you have to start with 1 you fucking moron...

Bet you dont have children....!

People die every day in various gruesome and unpleasnt manners, this particular case is only in the press because it's makes a good sensationalist story. It's not news, it's a chance for sick people "to dip their bread in the grief of others" for recreational purposes and sadly that sells papers in this increasingly unpleasant country.

People die every day in various gruesome and unpleasnt manners, this particular case is only in the press because it's makes a good sensationalist story. It's not news, it's a chance for sick people "to dip their bread in the grief of others" for recreational purposes and sadly that sells papers in this increasingly unpleasant country.

Yes but you are suggesting that 1.5million Iraqi's is more newsworthy which I cant argue with....the point is, if it were my daughter that had been abducted I would want people to know about it...I guess thats what saved her life, how can that be wrong?

I really wonder if you remember to put your brain in gear before talking shit.

he has a point if not put in the most suttle of terms. I dont buy into alot of the propeganda but you never hear enough about what is actually going on out there in most of the tabloids or tv media unless they want you too. A missing girl sells newspapers and brings in the viewers, hearing about 1.5 million iraqi's doesnt it makes people feel bad about themselves and thus they dont buy or watch the news anymore.

Anyhoo i find it slightly amusing that the first i read about this girl was some tiny bit half way through the paper yet the day maddie went missing this huge media circus was created. Its good that she has been found obviously but why the hype about maddie and not this kid?

Finding a missing girl alive, is great news and worthy of a feel good moment. I agree with some of the sentiments and points raised about the media and the state of the worId but I do give a fuck about one girl being found alive, as we all should! :up::up::up::up::up::up:

Start another thread about how shit the world is!

I agree with Stripey. I couldn't give two fucks about some kid going missing. I guess it hasn't really been front page news because the kid is pretty ugly.

She probably deserved it anyway - didn't her parents teach her Shaq Fu?

Oh look how hard core you are...i'm just so mad with you....grrrr!!!

Twat...:woohoo:

You are treating this girls dissapearance and the media hoohaa surrounding it as some form of macabre soap opera, which is just downright offensive in my opinion. That is all.

I make one thread about it and I'm treating it like a soap opera? o_O

Are you doing anything to help stop all those Iraqis dying, or are you just trying to demonstrate your moral superiority on an internet forum? Because if you're lobbying ministers and campagining to help then great, if you feel so strongly that you're going to go to Iraq and get actively involved then I salute you. But if you're just reeling off statistics to make other people feel small then I find that far more offensive.

I make one thread about it and I'm treating it like a soap opera? o_O

Are you doing anything to help stop all those Iraqis dying, or are you just trying to demonstrate your moral superiority on an internet forum? Because if you're lobbying ministers and campagining to help then great, if you feel so strongly that you're going to go to Iraq and get actively involved then I salute you. But if you're just reeling off statistics to make other people feel small then I find that far more offensive.

Actually yes, I've been pressing my MP and MSP on these issues since before the invasion in 2003 and continue to do so. But that is beside the point, you didn't know those figures because people like you are too busy clapping along with the gutter press to give a shit about real news.

Actually yes, I've been pressing my MP and MSP on these issues since before the invasion in 2003 and continue to do so. But that is beside the point, you didn't know those figures because people like you are too busy clapping along with the gutter press to give a shit about real news.

People like me...and what am I like then? Apart from being the kind of person who is happy to hear that a child has been safely returned to her family.

You're right, you have clearly learned all you need to know about me from this one thread. I certainly know all I want to know about you.

Bravo on pressing your MP and MSP though, you're obviously making a great contribution to the cause.

People like me...and what am I like then?

The kind of people who consume trashy newspaper, tv and radio news of this nature are absolutely responsible for the fact that the newsmedia in this country is so out of touch with what it's true purpose should be, which is investigative journalism and informing people about things that matter rather than entertaining people with heartwarming non-news and parroting government press releases.

The only reason you are even aware of this girls existence is because it makes a good sensationalist story, and your original post makes it clear you enjoy the emotional buttons it's pushed. You may aswell have been talking about an episode of hollyoaks because neither have any relevance to your own life beyond giving you something to gossip about.

Unless you are a child, it is people like you who just sat back and watched Iraq being invaded.