aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Vs Man U

Chi 666

Most Scottish players are lazy due to them being Scottish making for extravagantly boring matches

THAT'S what it is. I've been trying to work this out for years and I'm so glad you've cleared it up - Ricky Foster doesn't perform superhuman tricks with a football a la Robinho because he simply can't be arsed.

I can't manage - but i'm tempted to buy a ticket anyway (presuming ST holders get preference as usual) just to stop a glory hunting, sky watching, Man U "fan" plonking their fat coporate arse on my seat.

good call

might even put it on ebay so said Man U "fan" can pay extra :D

• 3 months later...
Was it a good game?

What wer the starting line-ps?

Did any of the debutants play well?

Typical well mannered friendly. Dons were looking nae bad though and if they continue in the same way through the season they may do well. Mackie had a goal disallowed for off side but it was a very, very tight decision. Well worked piece of football that led to it too. They wilted in the latter stages when Man U raised their game. Wasn't a bad game but the atmosphere was dire. It was eerily quiet at one point and kinda spoiled it for me.

Difficult spotting all the new faces playing but no one stood out as having a bad game. All in all it was pretty good show of footy from the Dons. They were out classed later as I said but maybe we can look forward to a good season.

Guest idol_wild

I actually think Aberdeen are going to do relatively well this coming season. We don't have an especially good side, but apart from Hibs and Motherwell, nobody does outside the Old Farm.

I think Mark Kerr will prove to be a good signing. More effective midfielder than Severin, that's for sure.

I think Mark Kerr will prove to be a good signing. More effective midfielder than Severin, that's for sure.

Defensive midfield is Kerr's natural position; it definitely isn't Severin's. While Kerr may be more effective in that one position, I still think Severin's a vastly superior footballer.

• 3 weeks later...
I've never understood why people need to have an "english Team".

Might have something to with the SPL being very badly funded outside of the old firm, causing a very boring and amateurish football league?

Or maybe people just really like football and like to follow teams from many different leagues? When Eurosport used to show European league games, I used to try and follow Fenerbache, Benfica and Ajax wherever possible, just because I liked the teams. I'm not sure if that breaks Football Supporting Rules, but if there is any kind of breach, I will refrain from following European football immediately and I'll even chuck my Juventus shirt in the bin.

Come on. The Premier League is the most supported league in the world. Kids in Africa probably have an "English Team". It's not exactly something new.