aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Vs Man U

Chi 666

We beat them last time we played them, at Teddy Scott's testimonial, was the full treble winning side as well. Of course we had immense talent like Mike Newell then to head the equaliser that we needed to take us to pens. Good night though, even with the annoyance of flash bulbs going off around the stadium every time Beckham got the ball.

I'm sure I'll go but I'm nae really bothered about seeing a few of Utd's first team play at training pace for half a game. Bear in mind that their pre-season preparations will be at a very early stage and also that they may not field any players who played in the latter stages of the Euros. In fact I now want Portugal to get to the final in the hope that that'll deprive all the Man Utd. "fans" in Aberdeen of the chance to see Ronaldo.

I will go. I'm a season ticket holder at Pittodrie, and would go to any pre-season matches anyway, but Man Utd are obviously a big draw and the 25th anniversary is important. I get the feeling that there may not be very many big names coming up, but having said that Sir Alex does seem to have an affection for the city and the club so he might field a decent squad.

I'm sure I'll go but I'm nae really bothered about seeing a few of Utd's first team play at training pace for half a game. Bear in mind that their pre-season preparations will be at a very early stage and also that they may not field any players who played in the latter stages of the Euros. In fact I now want Portugal to get to the final in the hope that that'll deprive all the Man Utd. "fans" in Aberdeen of the chance to see Ronaldo.

I think Man U have already said that Ronaldo won't be there, according to the Evening Express anyway.

What do you mean by the "fans" quote?

Not that I'm insulted or anything just intrigued.

I can't manage - but i'm tempted to buy a ticket anyway (presuming ST holders get preference as usual) just to stop a glory hunting, sky watching, Man U "fan" plonking their fat coporate arse on my seat.

thats what i was thinking, thats just as bad as some stinking Tim or Bear sitting there rat infested ass on my beautiful south stand baby.

Depends. From what I read on here, Aberdeen are your first team and you put time and money into the club, correct? I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with people who prefer to stay at home and try to share in the glory of the sucess of a club to which they have no connection whatsoever and ultimately don't really give a fuck about when things go "badly" (for "badly" read "failure to win the a trophy in a season").

Guest Neutral
I've never understood why people need to have an "english Team".

Anybody got a Norwegian or Swiss team or Swaziland(ian) team?

Would it be because lots and I do mean lots of people have 1 english parent and 1 scottish parent.

Also

You never hear about the Irish leagues or the Welsh ones

And

Most Scottish teams are too shite to face any decent international team

R.E Swaziland

It is possible that the teams from swaziland had their limbs chopped off in the early nineties by machete weilding football hooligans and then the Swaziland president ate the limbs at breakfast with the Liberian president whilst on the phone to Pol Pot who was having bum sex with the Taliban High Rankers and maybe Bill Clinton although he denies it.

Also

Most Scottish players are lazy due to them being Scottish making for extravagantly boring matches

However

Football is boring and dull anyway it is a feminized ball game like softball is to baseball and American football is to every sport