aberdeen-music

Urban Exploration

*Amy*

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craigtoun hospital :Craigtoun hospital, Feb 2008 - Derelict Places

In st andrews i think. I also knew some folk who'd gone up to Kingseat hospital a few times back in the late 90s though i never did. There are pics here Kingseat Mental Hospital, Aberdeenshire - Report - UK Urban Exploration Forums and a view of what it looked like before the development started :Flash Earth ...satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

I certainly haven't heard of many more similar buildings in this area though. Would be interesting to know if there were.

I wish digital cameras were on the go when I busted into the Alexandra hotel in the broch as a youth. the room that had a huge fire in it and no floor was particularly impressive. Managed to nick some optics aswell which I think I still have.

There were such things as normal cameras back in the day you know.

I wish digital cameras were on the go when I busted into the Alexandra hotel in the broch as a youth. the room that had a huge fire in it and no floor was particularly impressive. Managed to nick some optics aswell which I think I still have.

Was it you that burnt it down, you wee scamp.

To speak for the overwhelming majority of the people that posted on 28dl, breaking and entering doesn't enter into it. We explore places to learn something of them and get the chance to see a place most people don't even realise exists. To damage anything would just go against that view and reasoning. If anything else, to damage anything (be that trying to get in or causing trouble inside) takes exploring from trespass to the much more serious offence of breaking and entering...

Some more photos from the visit to Satrosphere are here - Satrosphere, Aberdeen - 9/3/8 - Report - ARCHIVED - UK Urban Exploration Forums (the first post by me, the second by a friend of mine) when we were in with the person who posted the thread linked to earlier. Very sad to see somewhere I remembered as fondly from when I was little in such a state, but still very interesting and some rather cool finds - including the basement full of old scientific equipment and computers now skipped by the builders, and a room full of old (1970's) stage scenery and props (which we don't have any photos of) that was behind a bricked up wall to the rear of the car park with the door boarded over from the Satrosphere side and all but invisible until the builders cleared the place out (found on a revisit to see what damage the builders had made at that point)

Some really cool places.

Quite fancy photographing some of them. Is there not an abandoned hospital in Kingseat...?

Kingseat Hospital, Aberdeenshire - 27/12/07 - Report - UK Urban Exploration Forums

- Kingseat as it was in December, almost completely gone then, so I can't imagine there is anything left of it now.

28dl has kinda gone tits up now, it was a very busy site but the owners got annoyed with the negative side of everything and some petty infighting on the site so closed it as a forum only leaving it up as an archive. It now seems to have been revived in a more limited way (only the chosen few seem to be able to post there now, and it is missing all of the 'extra' forums)

There are a lot of interesting places in Aberdeen and the surrounding area, you just need to keep your eyes open ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This thread on Pistonheads is getting interesting.

About a guy in Jersey who decided to investigate the stories of a backfilled Nazi bunker on his property. It is getting a bit much for people to trawl through. So here are the main highlights (and bits with pics) so far:

First page background info and the dig begins:

Secret Room 2 ....... "Nazi Bunker"

Another pic 2/3rds way down page showing the "mystery" big boulder over the entrance:

More aerial pics from the OP (CY88) half way down this page:

More pics from the OP a third of the way down showing the roof of the tunnel appearing and also a couple of other finds (jars & a trough) he has discovered during the dig:

At the bottom of this page they manage to open a crack into the tunnel:

Managed to rig up a light on a stick to peer inside:

Just a few minutes ago - The heavy equipment arrives:

100_0115-vi.jpg

:)

• 4 months later...
This thread on Pistonheads is getting interesting.

About a guy in Jersey who decided to investigate the stories of a backfilled Nazi bunker on his property. It is getting a bit much for people to trawl through. So here are the main highlights (and bits with pics) so far:

First page background info and the dig begins:

Another pic 2/3rds way down page showing the "mystery" big boulder over the entrance:

More aerial pics from the OP (CY88) half way down this page:

More pics from the OP a third of the way down showing the roof of the tunnel appearing and also a couple of other finds (jars & a trough) he has discovered during the dig:

At the bottom of this page they manage to open a crack into the tunnel:

Managed to rig up a light on a stick to peer inside:

Just a few minutes ago - The heavy equipment arrives:

100_0115-vi.jpg

:)

I'm totally hooked on this story now :)

German Bunker in my Garden

• 6 months later...