aberdeen-music

[GIG] Triptych: Magik Markers + Human Bell + The Kitchen Cynics @ The Tunnels

chilli

James think you got the wrong thread, should be posted under "guitarist wanted"

No need, guitarist found.:up:

Although John is playing tonight and will leaving the line up this is by no means a rebound relationship. More of a rekindling affaior from the Staccato Set days. All we need now is a wee cheeky fella with a broad scots accent that is not bereft of a tune or two. We can then play the globe as a Staccato tribute act!

I will be spending most of the night in your room by the way. Not wanting to be seen to be hijacking your thread or anything. Which room is your gig in by the way?

:love:

Okay so we are in room 2 tonight... We clearly don't warrant the upgrade to rm 1 yet...

I have chickened out from taking the jazzmaster...it'll be the bashed ol' shapelywood (didn't fancy all those digs in the ribs for being out of tune) :)

There will be fuzz, of sorts.

Been enjoying the Human Bell music on myspace a lot!

Oh...and anyone who buys both new Kitchen cynics CDs gets some free panini stickers from the 1980s.

Hmmm, apart from Alan's 3 song solo-solo set and the cool intertwining guitars and ace drummer from human bell, that was an iffy evening! :O Sorry, but I left during the magic makers as I thought they were absolute shite, plus they kind of ruined the evening before they even played! :down:

Welcome back to the world of gigging...

J

Here's one song from Human Bell's set from the Tunnel gig

Cool video. It feels much more atmospheric than being there actually was. Have to agree with "His Majesty" on the evening: we sat through the whole MM set hoping for something more interesting and less self-indulgent to happen. We loved the Cynics orchestra though, shame they didn't get a sound-check 'cos their egos aren't as big as other folks. o_O

BTW, anyone need any swaps on panini stickers from the 80s? I thought I was getting some gooey Italian sandwiches to go with the CDs :popcorn:

Am I to understand that the Magik Markers monopolised the available soundcheck time?

It certainly didn't show. I was looking around during their set hoping that someone else was finding it as crap as I did. Fortunately, the majority of folk I spoke to seemed to agree with me. Total art-wank tosh. I listen to prog-rock, but that was self-indulgent.

On the other hand, Kitchen Cynics' set was superb as always despite their sound problems, (Alan's new CDs are great, also) and I thoroughly enjoyed Human Bell. I suppose two out of three isn't bad.:up: