aberdeen-music

[GIG] Triptych: Magik Markers + Human Bell + The Kitchen Cynics @ The Tunnels

chilli

*pops head up into danger zone*

I enjoyed Magik Markers (as did my g/f who is not a 'noise' fan usually). I also thought they seemed fine folk, as were Human Bell, who I also enjoyed.:up:

I didn't enjoy us,...but that was my fault for not asking for more gtr in the monitors, so that the other folks could hear it. :down:(Not Scott's fault....he was doing a fine job in a stressful situation).

I'm sure if someone didn't like/enjoy your band you'd prefer some reasonable/rational reason rather that just "they're shite". Surely being open minded and having watched their whole set this isn't beyond you either. Anybody who is good at what they do can't be shite, you may not like them but they're still good at it.

If someone's expressing their honest opinion then yes, I would be perfectly happy for someone to say we were "shite". Please don't call me lazy if I'm expressing my honest impressions of the gig. If I felt compelled to deliver a three-page critical account of it then I would, but sometimes just one word will suffice.

I'm acutely aware of this getting out of hand, and I don't want to antagonize people who I think are actually very sound. Suffice it to say that if I think something's shite, I'll say it's shite. I can't offer any constructive critisism because I can't think of any way they could do what they're doing differently and make it any better for me.

Don't be annoyed because I don't like the same music that some of you guys do, that's what keeps this world interesting! Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm a rather verbose person, not overly given to brevity. So while I would love to say more, if the only thing I can think of after a gig is "shite" then that's what I'll say.

• 2 weeks later...