aberdeen-music

[GIG] Triptych: Magik Markers + Human Bell + The Kitchen Cynics @ The Tunnels

chilli

Sorry forgot to post this to the relevent thread, however very delighted to see one Aberdeen event gets the thumbs-up

:up: :up:

This is probably your only chance to see MM's in Aberdeen.

Guardian preview Triptych Festival

from Saturdays Guide

An impressive three-centre event, Triptych is the major Scottish festival that makes its home not in a big field, but in the left field. Now in its eighth year, what the event's mixture of gigs and cinema presentations lacks in geographical unity, it makes up for in a singularity of purpose: simply by picking the best alternative acts. Particular high points would have to include the brilliant guitarist James Blackshaw, the newly "gone techno" math rock of Four Tet and the GREAT Thurston Moore-favoured duo Magik Markers, but a big event will be a much-anticipated gig by the reformed Sebadoh. A band noted particularly for Lou Barlow's output of quality troubled relationship songs, "troubled relationship" would also nicely account for the conditions in the group. A volatile mix of Barlow's introspection, Eric Gaffney's bizarre sound explosions, and Jason Loewenstein's spiky tunefulness, if only for a short time, it's great to see that they've been reconciled.

Various venues, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Fri 25 to Apr 27

After The Guardian preview above, only TWO Triptych Shows get a preview in tonights Evening Express Music Scene section. The 1st one is The Magik Markers & features a write-up & a wee interview with Elisa of The Magik Markers under the heading:--

"Noise" band shares festival billing with soul legend & includes the quote

"feral chaotic live shows".

Very nice picture as well

Also an excellent mention of "Aberdeen pysch-folk legend The Kitchen Cynics

the highly acclaimed Alan Davidson"

Will be a highly eclectic evening

Yeah good idea, you just never know when shit like that can happen!

This is what I'll use tomorrow Alan...

DSC03730.jpg

I was going to bring this, but perhaps it would be a bit loud? o_O

DSC03729.jpg

:up:

thats the gear of the famous mystery person OR could it be the mystery famous person???

Get as loud as you like, HM:up:

what is the combo in the top photo??

I will be using a welsh travel guitar, some delay, fuzz & loops and a JSK pro-rythm mini synth.

Or should I debut the Dan-O guitar????

hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

The dano tuning might be a prob!? What about the jazzmaster? 8-)

The amp is a 1966 WEM Custom 15, a great little amp!

fronta.jpg

DSCN2096.jpg

Some ol' band of long hairs used em back in the 60's...

olympicb.jpg

If somebody shouts 'Judas!!!' I'll burst into tears;(

Just a wee reminder.....2 brand spanking new Kitchen Cynics CDs will be available at the gig....one is nearly all songs, and the other is all instrumental, and inspired by the Aberdeen Typhoid outbreak of 1964. Good times!!! :)

HM...twigs are powerful...they bend in the face of adversity, but do not bow to anyone, nor do they snap, grasshopper.

But I am a twig Alan, I am controlled by the power of the wind! o_O Lets go electric! See you then, looking forward to it!!! :up:

Jim, tell Andy that Triumph silicon 100 is a bass amp... with built in fuzz and tremolo! It even has headlights ...

triumphlights.jpg

We can't tell him. He will poop himself with excitement then explode in a retro 'super stereo' manner