aberdeen-music

Arcade machine

The Kernel Loaf

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i couldnt figure out the controls at all in that fucking game!

I found playing it drunk helped. Got the Speccy 48K version now so that'll do nicely.

:up:

• 5 months later...

Whilst being repaired the machine broke even worse, shooting off 2" long sparks. It would have all been cool if this only happened when you lost a life, but alas it proved to be constant.

The good news is that we've ordered a replacement machine, should arrive in 2-3 weeks. The new machine comes with 80 games, and they also send out upgrade packs from time to time as new games are licensed.

The bad news is that not all the games on the old machine are present, and that we can't transfer the high scores.

Here's a link:

.: GLOBAL VR :: PRODUCTS - GLOBAL ARCADE CLASSICS :.

gac_cab_pic_bg.jpg

Oh aye, my keyboard was pounded into submission by Mr Thompson and his decathlon of doom. No amount of Lucozade could save it.

Ahh, you see i had a joystick. I actually broke one once waggling it from side to side. Also that spinning maneuver that you could do in Gauntlet when all the wee ghosts and shit were surrounding you was the proverbial dogs knackers :)

Ahh, you see i had a joystick. I actually broke one once waggling it from side to side. Also that spinning maneuver that you could do in Gauntlet when all the wee ghosts and shit were surrounding you was the proverbial dogs knackers :)

Sadly my "Kempston Quickshot II" had died in an unrelated Attic-Attac incident.

It was sadly missed.

Sadly my "Kempston Quickshot II" had died in an unrelated Attic-Attac incident.

It was sadly missed.

Hahaha, fucked if i can remember what make my joystick was :p

I just remember feeling like i'd run every race myself by the time i'd finished a game on the old Decathlon. I bet i looked a right picture gurning my way though a race, veins popping on my forehead and neck :p

I remember reaching Level 42 on Gauntlet with my cousin, playing on the Amstrad CPC, and thinking "shit name for a band".

We made it up to level 100 or something in a mammoth session, then we got cornered and I saw my health go spiraling down to zero only to look over and see his health hit zero at the exact same moment. And that was the end of that. It was a shame because we'd budgeted 18 hours and got clipped in under 8. Think the game reputedly topped out at Level 255 (cue GEEK joke - good job it wasn't on a 16 bit machine or you'd have to play for over 5,000 hours to complete it... and there was no save game).

The old machine had Gauntlet on it too, but it wouldn't run correctly.

Robotron is an amazing game. Probably the single most violent 8 bit game ever. Makes Gauntlet look like a school picnic (well it did if you went to BOD anyhow). It's also lacking in political correctness, there's this one level where the blonde girls become dangerous after they are taken over by brains.

I'm just pissed off that Venture isn't licensed on this machine :(

I liked playing Hyper Sports on it, but lost patience/my temper because I couldn't figure out the buttons on the vault event.

I managed to get to the point where I was able to play through the events twice, only failing on their third attempt at the vault.

The Moorings saw a lot of money from me on that bloody game :p

I'd still fancy my chances against anyone at Mortal Kombat though..