aberdeen-music

Triptych 2008

Dizzy Storm

Wanted to see Dirty Projectors, but will miss that night,.....also disappointed that the folks I'd most like to see aren't coming up here (Michael Hurley, Sebadoh, James Blackshaw, Alela Diane, Andrew Bird). Ah well.......

Hey grumpy, you get to see this lot!

Last Ever Triptych Party: Candi Staton, Derrick May, Gilles Peterson, Fourtet, 1990s, Aidan Moffat & Bill Wells, The Fence Collective, The Parsonage, Skeletons & The Kinks Of All Cities, Found, Kitchen Cynics, Harri, Andrew Divine, JD Twitch, JG Wilkes, Chris "Beans" Geddes, MungoS Hi-Fi, Pastels DJs, Sushil Dade, Kinky Afro, Paul Cawley, David Shrigley, Norman Blake, Gerard Love, Sace

Be happy!

Aberdeen listings for anyone who hasn't viewed the site yet:

Triptych: Magik Markers / Human Bell / Kitchen Cynics

Aberdeen: The Tunnels

April 25

7.30pm

--

Triptych: Tut Vu Vu / Plus Guests

Aberdeen: The Tunnels

April 25

8pm

--

Triptych: Derrick May / Octogen

Aberdeen: Snafu

April 25

10pm

--

Triptych: Candi Staton / Giles Walker

Aberdeen: Tunnels

April 26

7.30pm

--

Triptych: Theo Parrish, Funky Transport

April 26

10pm

Triptych

--

Triptych: Skeletons & The Kings Of All Cities

April 26

11pm

--

Triptych: Dirty Projectors / Correcto / Copy Haho

April 27

7.30pm

--

Triptych: The RZA (as Bobby Digital) / Dee J ALa Fu

April 27

9pm

Full details and tickets at

Triptych

Tickets also available from 1 Up or Tickets Scotland - 0870 220 1116

• 1 month later...

What was everyone's highlights this year? Unfortunately I was ill and missed Candi Staton but heard she was amazing.

I was most impressed with Dirty Projectors last night although Human Bell on Friday were really good too.

Wish I could have made it down for Sebadoh, Mogwai and the Triptych party in Glasgow but alas money and lack of sleep all week meant it was not to be.

The triptych mail-out said the festival is being replaced by 'The Tennents Mutual' - The Tennent's Mutual: Create, Control, Enjoy.. Anyone any idea about this?

From what I gather, you compile your own list of 40-or-so bands you'd like to see, in Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow (I might have made that up, but apparently you get to pick a venue/place too?) and they'll take everyone's lists and compile a top 40 and that top 40 will be turned into gigs.

...or something like that anyway.

Somebody wrote this on another forum. Thought i would copy it for Alan's benefit:

"Kitchen Cynics at the Arches last night was outstanding. total festival highlight for me".

Hey...thanks for that, Sam!!! Which Forum was it?

I enjoyed Family Elan & James Blackshaw at the Ivy on Sunday afternoon best, I think.