aberdeen-music

straight pride

Stripey

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nothing to do with ethnicity or race you fucking spastic.

Isn't it? The gentleman who created the group has also founded one dedicated to 'white history day' and an 'anti-affirmative action' one too, so it'd be short sighted to ignore the fact that he's a complete bigot.

So, have a glass of fucking water.

Isn't it? The gentleman who created the group has also founded one dedicated to 'white history day' and an 'anti-affirmative action' one too, so it'd be short sighted to ignore the fact that he's a complete bigot.

So, have a glass of fucking water.

Yeah unless you have missed the running theme, "white history day" is a rebuttal to "black history month" in the usa, the guy clearly is not a racist he is just pointing out some quite ludicrous things. Don't you find the Music of Black Origin Awards a little bit of an uncomfortable concept?

Yeah unless you have missed the running theme, "white history day" is a rebuttal to "black history month" in the usa, the guy clearly is not a racist he is just pointing out some quite ludicrous things. Don't you find the Music of Black Origin Awards a little bit of an uncomfortable concept?

Contemporary black musicians working for major label record companies ain't exactly Malcolm X, MLK and plantation slaves man.

I love it! Like you said it, homosexuals have their Gay Pride week, I'm glad we finally have ours.

It's kind of like when people at work get more brakes during the day than you for a smoke brake... while you are left inside working. So what if you don't smoke? We also need these brakes... fresh air brakes!

Damn straight! Hell yeah! Give us more brakes!

Why the hell is facebook in French? Just me?

I'd once written to Big Dada asking them why they said that (and I paraphrase)

"Roots manuva has emerged as one of Britain's best black musical talents"...

I'd basically said that they were selling him short, and they should celebrate him as one of britain's "best musical talents"...

they replied with some line about big dad being a celebration, a bastion of "black music"...so I told them to get rid of A la fu and Part 2. (in a friendly..jokey kind of way)...

they agreed that limiting their "scope" was wrong (in a round about way), but needed to promote "black" talent as such, (probably for ease of marketing / demographics etc).

I still think its sad that colour of skin should matter / be considered in any debate...

and this isn't one of them...so I'll doff my hat and fook off.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Don't you find the Music of Black Origin Awards a little bit of an uncomfortable concept?

Yes, I do. A Music Of White Origin Awards would have the PC Nazis up in arms.

Gay Pride is a bit daft as well, really. Why is who/what you fuck something to be proud of? It's just how it is, identity politics get you nowhere apart from ghettoising yourself.

:up:

Yes, I do. A Music Of White Origin Awards would have the PC Nazis up in arms.

Gay Pride is a bit daft as well, really. Why is who/what you fuck something to be proud of? It's just how it is, identity politics get you nowhere apart from ghettoising yourself.

Agreed 100%. Reverse discrimination is a total load of hypocritical nonsense as well.

Fuck the PC crowd. Political correctness is unbelievably tedious and has blown itself out of all proportions these days.

Racial/Sexual/Religious Affirmation Ceremonies only lend themselves to ignorant people kicking back at them. It makes me wonder that they don't just create them to provoke a reaction so that they can feel "special" somehow and elevate themselves above everyone else.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Agreed 100%. Reverse discrimination is a total load of hypocritical nonsense as well.

Fuck the PC crowd. Political correctness is unbelievably tedious and has blown itself out of all proportions these days.

Racial/Sexual/Religious Affirmation Ceremonies only lend themselves to ignorant people kicking back at them. It makes me wonder that they don't just create them to provoke a reaction so that they can feel "special" somehow and elevate themselves above everyone else.

Well said, chimp. Was having a laugh recently at work with a gay woman, saying I was going to do a Hetero Pride march with banners saying "We Like Women Because We're Blokes And Blokes Like Women And Are Not Ashamed Of It" and "I Love My Straight Mates" and stuff like that. She said it'd be brilliant if something like that happened because Gay Pride stuff paints you into a corner.

Good point re. affirmation shit. Feminism would be fine if equality was the goal, but it's superiority they're after, so feminists can fuck off as well. We started Wifebeater for a reason...

PC almost killed punk single-handedly. Time to take it back.

I agree with you 100%, Jake.

My biggest gripe in the world of music:

It's okay to have MOBO's

but

MOWO's would be considered racist.

Why can't there just be "Music of any origin awards" -Why diffirentiate? Why box things in? Isn't this what all minorities want? To be accepted? To be part of the bigger picture? To not feel like they need to be singled out? Fucks me right off, that does.

Also:

It's racist for a white comedian to create a stand - up show that pokes fun at his own race AND other races (Bernard Manning etc)

but

It's genius when Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor etc. makes a show out of it.

I'm nae really a fan of Manning or that particular brand of comedy, but you get what I mean.

Don't wanna get too deep into it but it's one of the things in the world that really gets my back up. Minorities revel in being minorities and they take every opportunity to remind everyone else they ARE a minority. The history books can never be re - written but by God, let's move on. I mean, even grizzled war veterans can take a trip to Germany.

Don't even get me started on that Asian Fucking BBC radio station.

Let's have a station with a music policy that only allows music created by white kids.

Wait a minute.....................

all those statements are all well and good, but you are talking about it from your (apparent) education, level headedness and responsibility...in context to sensitivity to the issues, you are not homophobic, you are not misogynistic etc...

but, the "bullshit PC laws" are there to protect people from the not so bright, bigoted fucks that make the "protection" and "special cases" necessary.

So, if the world were full of Jake Spikes and Alkalines, then we wouldn't need to "positively discriminate"...

sadly, that's not the case, so we (they) need the protection and "elevated" difference - to have a platform to defend their "normalness"...

I myself wish it all didn't exist, and people just got on with liking people...but, that's not how the hairless ape works. as the oh so clever Slipknot point out people = shit.