aberdeen-music

[GIG] The Twilight Sad / Her Name Is Calla / Kartta

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

That's the fourth time I've seen Twilight Sad, and I agree - they failed to beat their Tunnels performance. They suit a smaller venue. They even said as much themselves.

That said, I still think they were brilliant last night. The two new songs sound great.

Her Name Is Calla were excellent. It's a shame so many people decided to talk their way through the set. That last song with all four members beating the fuck out of drums/toms was wicked.

Good gig, good gig.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking back on it, i think what made me 8o:love: so much the first couple of times i saw the twilight sad was the fact that they were making such an overwhelming noise with just one guitar/bass/drumkit. the very presence of the extra guy is probably what lessened the 8o factor for me. i still liked it though.

her name is calla were ok, i think i preferred them when i saw them at tunnels though. as far as my ears could make out, a lot seperate sounds of the instruments in the loud bits seemed to merge together at shulu, whereas at tunnels i remember being to pick them out individually. also, am i remembering incorrectly or were there not 5 people in the band at that gig last september?

i think i enjoyed kartta more than any other time i've seen them on saturday. i'm not sure why but i'm sure it is not attributable to any absent party or reason that can be expressed in smilies :popcorn::swearing::princess:.

her name is calla were ok, i think i preferred them when i saw them at tunnels though. as far as my ears could make out, a lot seperate sounds of the instruments in the loud bits seemed to merge together at shulu, whereas at tunnels i remember being to pick them out individually. also, am i remembering incorrectly or were there not 5 people in the band at that gig last september?

Hey man. I think the last time we came, the label owner helped us out on some extra percussion. There's two 'floating' members also on trumpet/vocals and cello. But obviously they didn't come either this time. nay worries!

Hey man. I think the last time we came, the label owner helped us out on some extra percussion. There's two 'floating' members also on trumpet/vocals and cello. But obviously they didn't come either this time. nay worries!

...and 'the label owner' in question will be back soon in the form of GLISSANDO, supporting STARS OF THE LID and REMEMBER REMEMBER at The Tunnels, May 23rd...

ding dong!

Guest idol_wild
guilty as charged :popcorn:

although it cannot possibly be deemed a hijack seeing as this event has already passed...

that's my story and I'm sticking to it :up:

You're not hijacking so much as you are infesting the thread.

But it's a fucking great gig you're spreading.

It's been said on other threads, but it could be gig of 2008 for Aberdeen...