aberdeen-music

[GIG] The Twilight Sad / Her Name Is Calla / Kartta

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, do Twilight Sad have two additional live members now then? (including a recruit from Aereogramme?)

I hope this doesn't affect the sound like it did with Frightened Rabbit at Snafu...

anyhoo - anyone advise stage times? Steven? Want to try and catch another gig elsewhere as well.

When I saw Twilights Sad at ABC, I'm pretty sure Rob Jones from Idlewild made an appearance on guitar and keys.

Personally, I agree, you should keep it to the original lineup as much as possible. I prefer them live as a 4-piece.

Guest idol_wild
i sure am! it's either that or talk to the other guys in the band!

Well you're staying at my flat that night, so I expect a shotty of the said gameboy! ;)

we are? oh excellent stuff! thank you very much for that. last time we were in aberdeen we slept in the van. Not only did i almost die from the cold but we had a knock on the window at about 4am and two guys offered us no strings attached blow jobs. Strange times

Guest idol_wild
we are? oh excellent stuff! thank you very much for that. last time we were in aberdeen we slept in the van. Not only did i almost die from the cold but we had a knock on the window at about 4am and two guys offered us no strings attached blow jobs. Strange times

Hahahahahahahaha!

But yeah, I offered my bedroom to you guys and Rich.

Minus the no strings attached blow jobs.

It'll be warmer than the van, for sure!

When I saw Twilights Sad at ABC, I'm pretty sure Rob Jones from Idlewild made an appearance on guitar and keys.

Personally, I agree, you should keep it to the original lineup as much as possible. I prefer them live as a 4-piece.

aye they did that at the idlewild gig @ moshulu in december

got my ticket today looking forward to it :woohoo:

Christ, if i'd known you were looking for somewhere to crash last time i'd have put you up :)

At least it would've saved you from crazy blowjob man :D

Swap your ear for a less cynical one on Saturday night, sonny. You might just enjoy yourself :princess:

" I actually found myself getting quie wound up they wouldn't leave the stage,specially as the closer had about 5 minutes of just distortion at the end"... you sound like my dad!

i wasnt cynical when i first listened to them

i listened to them completely open minded and i didnt like them

nothing wrong with that

yeah theres a difference between loud distorted music and just distortion. i just found it tedious.

i wasnt cynical when i first listened to them

i listened to them completely open minded and i didnt like them

nothing wrong with that

Of course, of course, I'm just curious.

Did you see them after hearing the album? I'd recommend doing it in that order, I appreciated them a lot more live after I gave the CD a few listens.

you mean rod jones.

worked quite well when he did it hope it works similarly for this gig.

Guest idol_wild

I felt Rod playing with Twilight Sad in December was hugely unnecessary. They still had nice melodies and chord progressions coming through, but with another guitarist it was just noise. ?(

I thought Twilight Sad were brilliant tonight, the sound was a lot more balanced than when they supported Idlewild in December. I liked the lack of second guitarist, but that keyboard/synth chap lurking in the background was a nice wee addition.

It's also not often you get such quality support - Kartta and 'Calla were both impressive. A great night all round.

Guest bluesxman

Twilight Sad were OK but I think I preferred them at The Tunnels, their music suits a more intimate venue.

Her Name Is Calla didn't do anything for me at all, found them rather plodding and dull. And one song sounded like a rip off of 'October' by U2.