aberdeen-music

[GIG] dhc presents: Frightened Rabbit + The Little Kicks + Kartta @ Snafu

Guest idol_wild

The Little Kicks are slick as fuck.

They need to play out of town a lot more.

Frightened Rabbit were seriously frustrating to watch. I'm still not convinced getting a fourth member was a good idea. It's as if they've sacrificed all the nice little melodies and harmonies for sheer noise. They've toured with The Twilight Sad too much for their own good.

Frightened Rabbit have this fantastic ability to absolutely nail a pop song, but now they prefer to be too loud and too fuzzy. It's such a fucking pity - they were one of the best pop bands I have ever seen live when they were a three piece.

That said, I could still pick out some of the melodies - but I feel it's probably only because I know every song inside out. I think if that was the first time I had seen or heard Frightened Rabbit, I would not be especially impressed and I'd be wondering what all the fuss was about.

It's just a big fucking pity. :down:

Frightened Rabbit were seriously frustrating to watch. I'm still not convinced getting a fourth member was a good idea. It's as if they've sacrificed all the nice little melodies and harmonies for sheer noise. They've toured with The Twilight Sad too much for their own good.

Frightened Rabbit have this fantastic ability to absolutely nail a pop song, but now they prefer to be too loud and too fuzzy. It's such a fucking pity - they were one of the best pop bands I have ever seen live when they were a three piece.

That said, I could still pick out some of the melodies - but I feel it's probably only because I know every song inside out. I think if that was the first time I had seen or heard Frightened Rabbit, I would not be especially impressed and I'd be wondering what all the fuss was about.

It's just a big fucking pity. :down:

Hmm, that was the first time i've seen them & i thought they were excellent, but then i do love loud & fuzzy :up:

Guest idol_wild
Hmm, that was the first time i've seen them & i thought they were excellent, but then i do love loud & fuzzy :up:

I love loud and fuzzy too, but for my liking, it doesn't suit Frightened Rabbit.

Most people I spoke to last night loved them, though.

I guess I'm just a pernickity old git! :princess:

i thought the rabbit were spot on last night - the new stuff is great and especially the piano song "do the twist" were standouts

the old stuff rocks tho

square 9 and be less rude - magic

that was probably the most fun ive had playing a gig in ages too

thanks to those who came and watched us

new stuff was fun to play too , glad it seems to have been liked.

all the songs are about hugh so i suppose thats why he likes them.

we recorded our set and i think it came out well, if so ill post some tracks up

our next aberdeen gig is supporting the attic lights at tunnels

i also agree with phil, we need to play out of town.

we have a heap of gigs booked for edinburgh and glasgow coming up and another recording session (hence the aberdeen gigs = and merch )

thanks to those who came down for a great night

i thought the sound was really good last night for all the bands - hats off to ian

especially karttas song with the glock - was really nice out front

• 3 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
Lets just cancel them again and get Frightened Rabbit back :D

Amen.

I think it's safe to say pretty much nobody was disappointed about Make Model cancelling.