Jump to content
aberdeen-music

Jeff Hardy suspended for 60 days


Jimmy Lucifer
 Share

Recommended Posts

How can you get suspended from a completely choreographed fake sport?

Why do you morons keep mention it's a "completely choreographed" sport?!?!?! I think as a kid (myself and others) grasped the concept of SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. I think it's interesting after 20 years of being a fan theres always some turd who likes to point out "wrestling is fake". I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be thrown about by someone who's 7ft2 and can lift you with one arm even if it's fake.

On the actual topic... sack Jeff Hardy, he's just annoying. Y2J for the title!!! :up:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How can you get suspended from a completely choreographed fake sport?

He failed their drug testing policy for the second time. Probably back on the weed I reckon.

Oh, and wrestling is pre determined, not fake. I realise that I'm basically asking for people "Haha! You dumbass, it is fake!" but you're wrong. So don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do you morons keep mention it's a "completely choreographed" sport?!?!?! I think as a kid (myself and others) grasped the concept of SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. I think it's interesting after 20 years of being a fan theres always some turd who likes to point out "wrestling is fake". I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be thrown about by someone who's 7ft2 and can lift you with one arm even if it's fake.

On the actual topic... sack Jeff Hardy, he's just annoying. Y2J for the title!!! :up:

They don't need to sack him, he's practically doing it himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do you morons keep mention it's a "completely choreographed" sport?!?!?! I think as a kid (myself and others) grasped the concept of SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. I think it's interesting after 20 years of being a fan theres always some turd who likes to point out "wrestling is fake". I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be thrown about by someone who's 7ft2 and can lift you with one arm even if it's fake.

On the actual topic... sack Jeff Hardy, he's just annoying. Y2J for the title!!! :up:

Where do you get off calling me a moron?

Seriously.

It never ceases to amaze me how many "keyboard heroes" feel the need to attack the poster and not the argument from the complete safety of their bedroom/office/wherever.

I think wrestling, cage sports and UFC are utter exploitative crap - that's my opinion and I make no apology for it. If you disagree, fine, that's your prerogative.

Just be adult about it and don't insult me.

Have a word with yourself min!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where do you get off calling me a moron?

I think wrestling, cage sports and UFC are utter exploitative crap - that's my opinion and I make no apology for it. If you disagree, fine, that's your prerogative.

I sort of agree with you on the UFC thing. I don't really enjoy seeing people getting the living piss kicked out of them. But I don't really see how wrestling is exploitative. There's far more emphasis on entertainment than the violent side of things. I think 90% of the time wrestling is just pretty good fun. The other 10% is when they have midgets getting the shit kicked out them and thrown about a cage.

Although that was actually quite good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sort of agree with you on the UFC thing. I don't really enjoy seeing people getting the living piss kicked out of them. But I don't really see how wrestling is exploitative. There's far more emphasis on entertainment than the violent side of things. I think 90% of the time wrestling is just pretty good fun. The other 10% is when they have midgets getting the shit kicked out them and thrown about a cage. Although that was actually quite good.

i agree.

except for the bit about midgets.

that's just wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i agree.

except for the bit about midgets.

that's just wrong.

You should watch it. It made feel very odd. I was actually reasonably shocked while it was going on but about 10 minutes after the segment ended I pissed myself laughing every time I thought about it.

The midget was dressed as a leprechaun, I should point out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where do you get off calling me a moron?

Seriously.

It never ceases to amaze me how many "keyboard heroes" feel the need to attack the poster and not the argument from the complete safety of their bedroom/office/wherever.

I think wrestling, cage sports and UFC are utter exploitative crap - that's my opinion and I make no apology for it. If you disagree, fine, that's your prerogative.

Just be adult about it and don't insult me.

Have a word with yourself min!

I'll easily say it to your face o_O Seriously, meet me outside captian toms tomorow at 4o clock and I'll say to you :up: I'm not very shy!!

Yeah anyway, Jeff is on his second warning and if he gets busted once more he gets sacked (again). I'm amazed that he got caught out. When you're getting a headlining push you'd think he'd be abit more clever. I guess not.

If it means more time for Y2J im happy! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll easily say it to your face o_O Seriously, meet me outside captian toms tomorow at 4o clock and I'll say to you :up: I'm not very shy!!

Yeah anyway, Jeff is on his second warning and if he gets busted once more he gets sacked (again). I'm amazed that he got caught out. When you're getting a headlining push you'd think he'd be abit more clever. I guess not.

He didn't get sacked the first time, he walked out. It's ridiculous he'd even think about taking drugs when they're getting urine tests. Although I thought the revised Wellness Policy said that testing positive for weed led to a $1000 fine but no suspension? Maybe he's on crack. Weed is a gateway drug y'know...8-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sort of agree with you on the UFC thing. I don't really enjoy seeing people getting the living piss kicked out of them. But I don't really see how wrestling is exploitative. There's far more emphasis on entertainment than the violent side of things. I think 90% of the time wrestling is just pretty good fun. The other 10% is when they have midgets getting the shit kicked out them and thrown about a cage. Although that was actually quite good.

To be honest, I've never watched much of the WWF stuff and what I've seen looks like a lot of posing, tub-thumping and put-on deep voice bellowing with the odd 20-second interlude of actual action. So yeah, you're probably right that it's pure entertainment.

The older Big Daddy/Giant Haystacks era "You Grunt & I'll Groan" stuff was completely laughable!

As a former amateur boxer (15 years experience), I completely despise UFC and Cage Fighting.

Boxing, whilst having had more than it's share of brutal mismatches, is a very technical and strategic sport and requires a lot of discipline. UFC is a disgusting, ramshackle spectacle, where over-muscled, but glass-jawed psychopaths beat each other up, sometimes mercilessly while the other guy is lying helpless on the canvas.

And that's what I find exploitative.

IMHO ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest, I've never watched much of the WWF stuff and what I've seen looks like a lot of posing, tub-thumping and put-on deep voice bellowing with the odd 20-second interlude of actual action. So yeah, you're probably right that it's pure entertainment.

The older Big Daddy/Giant Haystacks era "You Grunt & I'll Groan" stuff was completely laughable!

As a former amateur boxer (15 years experience), I completely despise UFC and Cage Fighting.

Boxing, whilst having had more than it's share of brutal mismatches, is a very technical and strategic sport and requires a lot of discipline. UFC is a disgusting, ramshackle spectacle, where over-muscled, but glass-jawed psychopaths beat each other up, sometimes mercilessly while the other guy is lying helpless on the canvas.

And that's what I find exploitative.

IMHO ;)

Good point, well made. You should start watching WWE at the moment if you're a boxing fan. Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show at Wrestlemania. Who've thunk it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good point, well made. You should start watching WWE at the moment if you're a boxing fan. Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show at Wrestlemania. Who've thunk it?

Mayweather is something special, really gifted. I had the pleasure of meeting his uncle, Jeff Mayweather (former Junior Lightweight champ) at a boxing award ceremony in London some years ago. Cool guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a former amateur boxer (15 years experience), I completely despise UFC and Cage Fighting.

Boxing, whilst having had more than it's share of brutal mismatches, is a very technical and strategic sport and requires a lot of discipline. UFC is a disgusting, ramshackle spectacle, where over-muscled, but glass-jawed psychopaths beat each other up, sometimes mercilessly while the other guy is lying helpless on the canvas.

UFC has actually improved a lot from the technical standpoint. The purchase of PRIDE and the greater number of more technical fighters has helped it a lot. I think you're impression of it comes from a lack of understanding of the sport.

It's certainly no worse than boxing for "brutal mismatches" with similar weight classifications for fighters.

I've never seen someone get beat up while lying helpless on the canvas, the fight will have been stopped long before that happens. As soon as you're unable to defend yourself the ref should jump in, and the big companies (UFC, PRIDE, K1) have very good referees who know what to look for.

Unless you're referring to someone in the guard position, in which case they're far from helpless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UFC has actually improved a lot from the technical standpoint. The purchase of PRIDE and the greater number of more technical fighters has helped it a lot. I think you're impression of it comes from a lack of understanding of the sport.

It's certainly no worse than boxing for "brutal mismatches" with similar weight classifications for fighters.

I've never seen someone get beat up while lying helpless on the canvas, the fight will have been stopped long before that happens. As soon as you're unable to defend yourself the ref should jump in, and the big companies (UFC, PRIDE, K1) have very good referees who know what to look for.

Unless you're referring to someone in the guard position, in which case they're far from helpless.

Have to agree with Chris. Also UFC since it became like it is now, very technical with good matchups thanks to the purchase of rival fighting organisations, it is far more enjoyable to watch than boxing.

No one is helpless, as they wont get a match in the UFC unless they have a chance of winning, because no one wants to see a 5 second match of some jobber getting knocked out by one knee to the face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

replace him. its all they can do really and given theres a new hardys dvd out soon im sure they arent very happy with him at the moment.

I mean how are they going to write it into the storyline? They've already advertised him as being in it, and if he's banned he can't lose his place in the MITB by losing a match on Raw or something. How can they explain him just suddenly not being in it?

Go Jericho btw.

I remember...

3170-Jericho_Undisputed.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They've never mentioned anyone else's suspensions on air before, and some of their top guys have been suspended, Edge, Orton etc. I don't think they'll do that with Jeff.

I reckon once he comes back he'll be made an example of and he'll have to start jobbing to the main eventers again. He's had a gerat chance and he's fucked himself good and proper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah i agree that he has totally screwed himself out of the best position hes been in. Id like to think hes gonna be able to work himself back up to a decent standing by proving he can stay clean but something tells me that this was his big chance and its gone and hes out of the world title picture for good although id quite him and matt to team up again and go for the tag titles on either show to be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBH tho the tag team titles are fucking worthless these days, they've been booked really badly and there are simply no good tag teams any more. Who's holding the RAW belts at the moment? Cody Runnels and Hardcore Holly? Please. And I don't even know who has the SD ones. The tag belts are the lowest ranked titles in WWE at the moment, (even below the ECW title!) they don't even bother having matches for them on PPV, they change hands in the first hour of Raw or Smackdown. Remember the days of Hart Foundation, LoD, Demolition, The Rockers, Orient Express, Natural Disasters.... them were great days for the tag teams, it all went to balls in the Attitude era when they took the emphasis off teams and just let any two random wrestlers join up to win the belts, and had title changes every other week, completely devalued the belts and they've never recovered from it. The only decent tag team that is remotely over with the fans just now is London / Kendrick but they're currently jobbing on Raw. I like Deuce and Domino, and Jesse and Festus are OK. I was a big mark for MNM, I thought they were brilliant. Cade and Murdoch are garbage but at least they are a team and not just two singles guys. And the HIghlanders have been booked so badly they are never ever going to get over. Ever. Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...