aberdeen-music

Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy

diarmaid

Just thought I'd say that i think this is quite possibly one of the greatest pop songs written. Also, easily one of the best songs Queen ever did. Pure pop tastic bliss. Someone may well disagree but the final chorus is harmonius genious.

Any one hate queen? Always wondered, there seems to be quite a few bands that most people wouldn't be adverse to listening too. Even the ones who say they don't like or that the band are shit would still sing a long. Beatles, Queen, Abba (scoff if you will but i think some of there stuff is fucking awesome, though in fairness it is quite easy to find people who hate Abba).

In fact i've only ever had one person tell me that they Hate Queen.

Any one out there who really does hate all the stalwarts of old?

I love good pop music.

I love loads of old Pop music, including Abba, but I don't like Queen.

Brian May playing the national anthem on top of Buckingham Palace summed them up for me, they're a band to be played at sport's events and during firework displays but that's about it.

I'd still dance away to them, it's not like I absolutely despise them, I just can't find anything to love about them really. They're kind of the musical equivalent of a Circus, they get your attention for a couple of hours, but then when you take it down there's just ruined grass, hot dog wrappers and Elephant shit.

Guest Steven Dedalus

I guess I hate what they represent, which is music made by 'special' people, in a world that will forever be kept seperate from the likes of you and I.

But some of their choons are ok.

As above, pompous overblown and tasteless but they had a few ace songs like You're My Best Friend, Under Pressure and Seven Seas of Rye.

But I do find their morals loose and selective. They played Sun City during the apartheid years in South Africa, so took their pieces of white man's silver (along with a few others including Rod Stewart)...then they played Live Aid for the poor Africans and gave their career a massive boost.

Guest bluesxman

Queen are mostly great up to a point. They got a wee bit crap towards the end though, kinda like the bits where Queen were rubbish became the permanent feature.

The original 'Greatest Hits' album is pretty much spot on from start to end.

Fantastic band that has become something else with the corpse of Freddy M being repeatedly raped.

Yup, if only Mr Dobson and the drummer had displayed some dignity like the bass player did. Instead they have cashed in on the Queen name with horrendus results (the duet with F5VE or whatever the hell they were called, the crappy Ben Elton musical and the Paul Rodgers "reunion" to name but three).

Yup, if only Mr Dobson and the drummer had displayed some dignity like the bass player did. Instead they have cashed in on the Queen name with horrendus results (the duet with F5VE or whatever the hell they were called, the crappy Ben Elton musical and the Paul Rodgers "reunion" to name but three).

Totally agree - May should have had his skull split wide open with his own "Red Special" for that abortion of a collaboration with "F5ve", a boy band who, incidentally, won some shitty Best Newcomer award without having actually released anything.

I reckon Brian May has provided us with more toe-curlingly emabarrassing moments that Wacko Jacko - starting with that stupid fucking perma-perm of his.

Anyone old enough to have seen him appear on Wogan with Anita "Mrs Dirty Den" Dobson, just after their relationship was announced, will remember him - a supposed Rock God - simpering on at Wogan about "this woman having sooooooo much emotion in her voice" - in reference to her dreadful Eastenders theme chart hit.

Fuck off you curly-headed, one-lick cunt and take your poofy public schoolmates with you :swearing: