aberdeen-music

Made out of Babies

MySpace.com - Made Out of Babies - BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - Rock / Metal / Experimental - www.myspace.com/madeoutofbabies

Is anyone else a fan of this band? I heard some of their second record last week, and I was quite impressed.

I went and bought Trophy, and it is a peach of a record - you can't beat discordant guitars and a vocalist who goes from Bjork-esque warbling to screaming in seconds.

any band who gets Steve Albini to record them

absolutely not. he records anybody and everybody these days and it works for some, and most definetly doesnt for others. I also hate the "recorded by steve albini" tagline

as for moob, me and shazza were supposed to be putting them on in Aberdeen about 3 years ago but they pulled out

absolutely not. he records anybody and everybody these days and it works for some, and most definetly doesnt for others. I also hate the "recorded by steve albini" tagline

as for moob, me and shazza were supposed to be putting them on in Aberdeen about 3 years ago but they pulled out

i agree, many a band use it as some kind of passport to hipness and they don't deserve it. i think he's always said he'll record anyone but he'll charge varying amounts depending on the band. hence he recorded senator and mclusky on the cheap as they were good and skint but charges much more for major label artists.

whatever happened to senator?

I disagree with this, apart from his drum sound, which is normally spot on, his production can sound really horrible at times.

Everyone goes on about the drum sound, which is great, but I love how he makes guitars sound metallic and doesn't push the vocals up too.

I'd say I was biased as In Utero, Surfer Rosa and Pod played a huge part in my musical education in my formative years.

i agree, many a band use it as some kind of passport to hipness and they don't deserve it. i think he's always said he'll record anyone but he'll charge varying amounts depending on the band. hence he recorded senator and mclusky on the cheap as they were good and skint but charges much more for major label artists.

whatever happened to senator?

senator got married I believe. Tom was playing bass for oi polloi for a while and I think he ended up doing stuff with moniack

they were funded to to chicago, canna mind if it was SAC or the local council