aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Watched Finding Netherland Last night, quite enjoyed it for a family movie, based on true events to so a different look at Peter Pan, nice story altho sad and slightly weird. Johnny Depp has a wee scottish accent which did indeed (just when you thought he couldn't) made him even more sexy!! Got quite involved and almost cried at one point :)

Bring on the Xmas movies!!!

watched 3 films in a row last night.

1. The Happening = worst script ever! a truly awful film in every way. i stuck it out to see if there was a twist but it never came.

2. Man On Wire = a must see for any tight rope walker I would imagine but anyone else will just find it tedious, like me. An annoyingly pretentious talking heads wank fest of a film.

3. Slumdog Millionaire = Fucking brilliant! The pitch must have been a bit odd... ('Bollywood meets Chris Tarrant') but it is perfectly paced and really engrossing. It is definitely one of my favourite films of this year.

3. Slumdog Millionaire = Fucking brilliant! The pitch must have been a bit odd... ('Bollywood meets Chris Tarrant') but it is perfectly paced and really engrossing. It is definitely one of my favourite films of this year.

The trailer alone (largely due to the use of Aha's "The Sun Always Shines On TV") makes me want to see it.

Just watched the new Indiana Jones.

It wasn't rubbish but it wasn't good either.

I saw that over Christmas, overall I was unimpressed with it.

I also saw Lions for Lambs, a political drama starring Robert Redford, Meryl Streep and Tom Cruise, which proved to be a bit more rewarding than watching an elderley Harrison Ford leaping about.

I also saw a rather bizarre horror based on a Stephen King short story callled 1408. A couple of jump out of your seat moments, but it was quite average really.

'The Strangers', Liv Tyler and her bloke get terrorised in a remote house by 3 largely silent folk in masks. I think this is the most effective horror film I've seen in a while, it's not particularly original in many ways, but has a really unsettling quality to it, I just felt on edge the whole way through - I think 'The Shining' is the only other horror film that holds that status for me..I think it's a remake of some foreign movie, I recommend a watch anyway.

I have also been watching 'Live And Let Die' and 'The Man With The Golden Gun', the best of the Moore films.

Oh and 'Happy Feet', nominally with the bairn but he ended up going for a snooze - it was OK but took a kind of bizarre detour towards the end.

I also saw a rather bizarre horror based on a Stephen King short story callled 1408. A couple of jump out of your seat moments, but it was quite average really.

Was that the one with John Cusack? I quite liked it, weird and freaky..

I wasn't too sure about the Strangers, I know it was based on true events, but half of which they didn't really know anything about, so must of been guessed, just felt it was another of those Texas Chainsaw/Hills have eye's type freaky country folks films

There's also a joy division documentary that came out this year. Not seen it but the reviews are very good. It kinda slipped under the radar i think.

Amazon.com: Joy Division (The Miriam Collection): Tony Wilson, Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook, Stephen Morris, Peter Saville, Martin Hannett, Annik Honoré, Malcolm Whitehead, Lindsay Reade, Grant Gee: Movies & TV

Watched The House Bunny last night, thought it was hilarious, the girl Anna Faris that was in Scary Movie was brilliant, proper laugh out loud, which I didnt expect. The usual predictable type storyline, but that didn't seem to matter :D

**EDIT** Forgot started to watch Disaster Movie and switched it off after about 15min of pure hell..... just taking any movie from 2008 and taking the piss...NO

i watched "one day removals"

its a comedy film set in Aberdeen and around Aberdeenshire and tells the sorrowful tale of two inept removal men, Andy and Ronnie. They work for Andy Removals and bump into a fellow Aberdonian. Then the screaming begins which will have the audience rolling with laughter as the removal loons face an unusual delivery of death, destruction and an unpaid bill by Mrs Thelma Patterson on the 14 May for her husband and his use of the Andy Removals van.

loved it! especially when the went to tillydrone and met Uls

shouting "I've just bought a dog!" as an excuse to run away from andy and ronnie when they asked him for help.

many of you will know patrice the hairdresser the boy who plays him is one of the main boys in this film, andy!

heres a trailer YouTube - One Day Removals- Clip 2

word