aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Orphan

Above average spooky kid flick. A choice of the missus, I expected usual post-Omen-but-not-as-good affair due to black clad lass on cover, turned out to be a good watch with an unexpected twist. Said twist may have been pretty dumb if thought about too much but it was still an enoyable watch.

8/10

UV paint murals. Fucking UV paint murals. o_O

Toy Story - As an adult (in body, probably not mind), I thought I'd not enjoy watching this again. I was proved wrong and actually enjoyed it more than when I first saw it years ago. :)

A mate today told me his friend got his hands on the uncut version of A Serbian Film, watched it and said it takes shock film-making to a new level. He says he's borrowing it from him later this week and offered to copy it for me - I have less than no desire to see it

Love and Other Drugs.

Surprised how much I enjoyed this one. Anne Hathaways nipples went a long way towards that, but I was somewhat dissappointed at the fact they seemed to have her nips out at every opportunity (although it was massively preferable to that akward thinkg they do where they have a naked woman on screen but don't want to show anything, so they use stupid camera angles and scenery to hide her..) but they didn't show any of the token bimbo's chebs off during the holywood sex party scenes..

That and some dodgy camera work in the closing scenes aside, I really really enjoyed the movie. It doesn't try to be a tear jerker which I really enjoyed for a change, it wasn't one of those "are you crying yet...?" affairs.

Worth a look.

7/10.

xx

Up - was warned by a mate that the first ten mins or so are pretty heavy. Still found it pretty harrowing for a kids' film. The whole film is ace tho. Seriously impressed by it. Got it on Blu-ray with a shitload of special features from Asda for 3 cause they'd lost the box. If I'd known how good it was beforehand, I would happily have paid full price. 9.5/10

Kick Ass - saw this last year at the cinema and thought it was a stone cold classic. It kinda loses something on DVD when you aren't having your senses completely battered with bright colours and pounding music. Still good, but def a cinema movie. Or at least watch it on a big TV in the dark with the sound up really high.

A mate today told me his friend got his hands on the uncut version of A Serbian Film, watched it and said it takes shock film-making to a new level. He says he's borrowing it from him later this week and offered to copy it for me - I have less than no desire to see it

I hit Google up the other day and within minutes I was able to watch it streaming online.

Flicked through it and it seemed surprisingly good so I maye actually watch it sometime.

Airplane

Still really stupid, still really funny.

9/10

Airplane 2

I had never seen this before. Like the first one but on a space shuttle and minus Leslie Neilsen, but with added William Shatner. OK I suppose.

7/10

The Fog

Remake of the classic John Carpenter ghosty story. Not great TBH. Pointless remake.

4/10

The Thing

Classic John Carpenter film away to be 'not remade' as it is a prequel. Apparently. My bets are that it will be pish. This remains ace, special effects haven't dated as much as you would think.

9/10

Pirhana 3-D

Watched in 2-D. A good laugh but pretty dreadful. Kelly Brook lasts a surprisingly long time. And has surprisingly long nips.

5/10

Cemetery Junction

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's film debut. Really pretty good actually.

9/10

127 Hours - I read the book a few years ago and loved it, so naturally the transition to film was gona be exciting. I love the film in a different way to the book however. Can't explain the differences really, in the book he gets hunted by a bear and causes an avalanche - which i was kinda hoping to see but it never materalized.

The bone crunching moment was *Gaddds* but James Franco once again prooves his acting ability with an airy performance that encapsulates the raw nature of Ralston.

4/5

Dillinger

Warren Oates plays bank robber John Dillinger with Geoffrey Lewis, Harry Dean Stanton and Richard Dreyfus as members of his gang and Michelle Phillips from The Mamas and Papas as his missus. Pretty good gangster flick.

9/10

Cruising

Al Pacino plays a cop in New York who goes undercover into the gay S&M club scene to try and catch a serial killer preying on gay men. Quite a strange wee film that seems to largely abandon any real effort at finding the killer. Features one truly classic scene with Pacino getting off his nuts on what I assume is poppers and dancing like a loon. There is also a fisting scene. Nice.

6/10

Queen of the Damned

Pretty dreadful. Most interesting part was spotting Rowland S. Howard from The Birthday Party in the vampire club when Aaliyah turns up.

3/10

The Fugitive

Hadn't seen this in years, it holds up very well, Tommy Lee Jones at his deadpan best.

9/10

Cruising

Al Pacino plays a cop in New York who goes undercover into the gay S&M club scene to try and catch a serial killer preying on gay men. Quite a strange wee film that seems to largely abandon any real effort at finding the killer. Features one truly classic scene with Pacino getting off his nuts on what I assume is poppers and dancing like a loon. There is also a fisting scene. Nice.

6/10

This is one of my favourite films, largely on the basis that it is completely batshit mental.

I mean, what the hell was that interrogfation scene with the guy in the cowboy hat all about???!

Brilliant anyway.

Book of Eli

Or Fallout: The Movie as it should be called. Good film ruined by religion to be honest. The most interesting bit was afterwards when I looked up Mila Kunis as her voice, not her face, was bugging the fuck out of me. I knew I'd heard it before but couldn't place it. Meg Griffin.

Denzel and Gary Oldman were great, but that's to be expected really and the whole film just IS Fallout. But I wish it didn't have the bible in it. Would have been better if it had been a completely new book or he was starting a new religion or even just magic.

One other thing that annoyed me was they never expanded on the "show me your hands" thing. Guess it was cut out of the film.

Queen of the Damned

Pretty dreadful. Most interesting part was spotting Rowland S. Howard from The Birthday Party in the vampire club when Aaliyah turns up.

3/10

I have to agree. As a sequel to An Interview With A Vampire

(well, it's actually a prequel isn't it? It's about what the vampire actually did before he popped up in the car at the end yeah?)

I thought it was piss poor. My girlfriend enjoyed it. I think she read the book. But I'm not convinced that it was worthy.