aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Deadpool 2 was good fun. Proper belly laughs. I think it's definitely missing it's anarchistic edge that came with being so low-budgeted in the first film. Took a little longer to get in to it but once it did it was proper good. Cable was great, Domino was great. Brad Pitt was fantastic. 

I waited until the end of the credits for any other post-credit scenes and was a bit disappointed. But the mid-credit scenes were absolutely brilliant.

31 minutes ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

Deadpool 2 was good fun. Proper belly laughs. I think it's definitely missing it's anarchistic edge that came with being so low-budgeted in the first film. Took a little longer to get in to it but once it did it was proper good. Cable was great, Domino was great. Brad Pitt was fantastic. 

I waited until the end of the credits for any other post-credit scenes and was a bit disappointed. But the mid-credit scenes were absolutely brilliant.

Brad Pitt was in it? 

And yeah agreed, the mid-credit sequence tied up the whole film AND had the biggest laugh.

2 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Same. Did they not wonder they the lights hadn't come back on, or why 90% of people weren't leaving?

It was great fun though. I preferred it slightly to the first. Loved the parachute scene.

I hate the cinema though. It reminds me why I usually wait for a film to come out on Bluray (last film I saw at a cinema was the first Deadpool). Film started at 2:45, and two lads come in late at 3:30! And obviously they sit two seats away from me, rustling of jackets, popcorn, bags, TALKING TO EACH OTHER. Die. Once the trailers are done, that should be it, you've missed it and you're not coming in, rather than disturb everyone else who has paid £12-odd to be there.

I agree with everything you've said here. Once the trailers are done, doors locked. 

33 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Brad Pitt was in it? 

And yeah agreed, the mid-credit sequence tied up the whole film AND had the biggest laugh.

I agree with everything you've said here. Once the trailers are done, doors locked. 

Brad Pitt was Vanisher:

Image result for vanisher deadpool 2

He becomes momentarily un-invisible just before:

dies in the parachute scene

Edited by Soda Jerk
  • Upvote 1

Aye, it's pretty good. The guy was a total workhorse/

You should see if you can get a hold of this one about Rick Flair. 

Whilst i'm here... I've seen some really good horror recently.

The Ritual is a fun, fairly scary homage to just about every type of british horror movie ever made. Goes off in a million different directions but remains enjoyable.

Eden Lake : Young couple camp on a beach, get menaced by group of youths, mayhem ensues. Well paced with some really tense scenes. Some satisfying comeuppance scenes too.

Hell House LLC: apparently 'found footage' is a horror genre that is going mental at the moment.This was one of the scariest films i've ever seen. Thought it was fantastic.

The Collection: Guy breaks into a house, realizes there's a crazy murderer already in there with the family as hostages, can't escape coz the house is booby trapped. Like a really grim Home Alone. A bit senseless at times but gory as fuck in a good way.

40 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

Hell House LLC: apparently 'found footage' is a horror genre that is going mental at the moment.This was one of the scariest films i've ever seen. Thought it was fantastic.

I think the found footage thing blew up biggest around the time of Rec, Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity etc, and kind of died when the new Blair Witch film didn't do too well. Haven't seen much hype around found footage in ages. Seems to be more mood and atmospheric driven horror, like Hereditary and Quiet Place etc that's having the upswing right now.

True, it's been on the go steadily since Blair Witch but there seems to be a mini renaissance at the moment in particular. Most likely due to the True Crime trend in podcasting/Netflix just now you're seeing them pop up a lot more - not so much at the cinema but perhaps more the good stuff from the past few years bubbling to the surface on streaming services. Maybe it's Netflix and co buying them up and promoting them because they see an opportunity.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:07 PM, ca_gere said:

The Collection: Guy breaks into a house, realizes there's a crazy murderer already in there with the family as hostages, can't escape coz the house is booby trapped. Like a really grim Home Alone. A bit senseless at times but gory as fuck in a good way.

I saw that a wee whiley ago, was pleasantly surprised

Ghostbusters. The 2016 one. Nowhere near as bad as all those precious boys crying about it supposedly ruining their childhood made it out to be. It was fun and silly. Kate McKinnon is great in it. I thought the cameos started to get a bit too cheap as it went on, but overall its a good watch.

I hope there's a sequel less reliant on throwbacks.

finally got round to watching 'hunt for the wilderpeople' it was surprisingly good, I like it when I see a movie that isnt a rehashing of the same old story we've all seen a million times. 

Rhys Darby is always hilarious & Taiki Waititi's involvement made me go back and rewatch 'what we do in the shadows'  fucking love that film

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Watched that new(ish?) Lonley Island film, Popstar. It's as silly as you'd expect it to be. Pretty shallow plot which is predictable from the off, but it makes up for it with all the silliness. Worth a watch if you are familiar with and like Andy Samberg.

Game Night, starring Jason Bateman and whatshername from Mean Girls. Pretty good. Not many belly laughs for a comedy, but it's a pretty cool plot.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/24/2009 at 8:55 PM, Lemonade said:

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I've talked about this in another thread. For my 30th in January i'm going to get all my mates in the Belmont to watch Animal House, and then back to mine for a toga party. Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga!

I didn't do this. Maybe the 40th.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...