aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Yeah he is the only real bright spot in that film, the rest is just drival i thought and im a HUGE fan of the first two.

On a happier note, i re-watched Fast 5 last night. Im sure the Rock must have been pumping the roids for that film, he actually has no neck at all, its just shoulders and head. Great film tho, prob the best of the Fast familiy, im hoping they hit number 10 before deciding enough is enough.

Killer Elite

It's a Jason Statham film, which claims to be based on a true story but it really based on a Ranulph Fiennes novel that he claims is part fact. Statham and Clive Owen are great, there's loads of dodgy 80s moustaches and Robert De Niro has somehow been convinced to take a supporting role which involves him being pretty fucking useless for most of the film. To be honest I could sum it up the same way as every other Statham film. Don't make a point of watching it but if you want to bulk up your lovefilm list with some good Saturday night action fodder then give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Angel's Share

Badly acted and highly implausible in places but a nice story. Too many weegie accents as well. My main point of contention with it was the main character managed to learn the finer points of whisky tasting with a badly broken nose pishing blood.

The New Guy - 2002 "comedy" in which a nerd gets kicked out of school on purpose so he can start at a new school where nobody knows him, allowing him to make up a whole backstory about how he's a super-cool rebel who rides a motorbike and stuff. The laughs are few and far between and of course they all become better people by the end, but this is saved by the fact that Eliza Dushku is SO FUCKING HOT and spends a lot of the film semi naked. That bikini dancing scene. Oh. My. God.

Flakes - Indie comedy starring Zooey Deschanel, about a stoner who runs a little hipster restaurant that only serves breakfast cereal, and his idea is ripped off by a big Starbucks-type chain who open an identical restaurant across the road. It has a very 90's MTV "Yeah, capatalism suuuuucks and artists and musicians are so cool and damn the man!" slant, but it's pretty good. Plus, Zooey.