aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Hangover 2

Brainless comedy, same as the first one. I thought it was unendingly hilarious. Zach Galifanakis (fuck knows if that's how you spell it) manages, once again, to perform slapstick-style comedy with deadpan delivery. Fucking brilliant movie. Would have to watch the first one again to see how they compare to one another but this one is definitely worth a watch.

8/10

Reservoir Dogs

Watched this start to end for the first time since I've been old enough to understand it. Reminded me why I love Quentin Tarantino so much. Hilarious, violent, fun story with absolutely amazing performances from all the lead characters. So much win.

10/10

xx

Terminator 2 - Was all practiced out yesterday afternoon, so I dug out my old metal-boxed special edition DVD of this classic that I bought 10 years ago. Every bit as as good as I remembered it. 10/10

Led Zeppelin : The Song Remain The Same - Fly-on-the-wall footage of the band offstage (the scene with Peter Grant and the bootleg merchandise vendor is priceless), cringeworthy, amateurish dream sequences and an awesome live performance make this a must-see for rock fans. 9/10

Led Zeppelin : The Song Remain The Same - Fly-on-the-wall footage of the band offstage (the scene with Peter Grant and the bootleg merchandise vendor is priceless), cringeworthy, amateurish dream sequences and an awesome live performance make this a must-see for rock fans. 9/10

It has to lose some points for the version of Dazed and Confused that goes on FOREVER (over 30 minutes).

To the Devil a Daughter

Mid-70's Hammer film about a young nun (Natassia Kinski) who goes to live with an occult writer while Christopher Lee's shady priest tries to resurrect some demon or something. I was playing on-line poker while watching this so maybe my attention wasn't really on it enough but it seemed a bit confused plot-wise.

5/10

And you gain 5 Dennis Wheatly points.

In Bruges Holy fuck, that was good. Didn't see the ending coming at all. Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes and Colin Farrell were all brilliant. There were parts where I was laughing but then feeling all morose two seconds later. Plus it's infinitely quotable. "YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT!"

In Bruges Holy fuck, that was good. Didn't see the ending coming at all. Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes and Colin Farrell were all brilliant. There were parts where I was laughing but then feeling all morose two seconds later. Plus it's infinitely quotable. "YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT!"

Great movie and best fight scene ever with Colin Farrell and that "Fookin' Elephant"

Cop Out

Kevin Smith-directed buddy cop movie starring Bruce Willis and Tracey Morgan as partners of 9 years standing. Willis' daughter is getting married and to avoid her step-father Jason Lee paying for the wedding he decides to sell a rare baseball card which gets stolen and so he and Morgan endeavour to retrieve it while getting mixed up with various gang shenanigans. I've been avoiding this due to generally poor reviews but it was going cheap in Asda so decided to give it a try. It's not THAT bad, Willis is usually good value in my book. Morgan however has the same persona going on as in '30 Rock' which seems unlikely for a cop. A few decent enough laughs. I actually disagree with the consensus that 'The Other Guys' is a better spoof buddy cop movie, I probably preferred this slightly.

7/10

The Lives of Others - That was pretty phenomenal. I know it takes a few liberties with its portrayal of the Stasi but as a film it is just so well executed. I can't believe it's a directorial debut. If you haven't seen it you really should. It's long and nuanced but never gets boring. All the stars.

Hangover 2

Brainless comedy, same as the first one. I thought it was unendingly hilarious. Zach Galifanakis (fuck knows if that's how you spell it) manages, once again, to perform slapstick-style comedy with deadpan delivery. Fucking brilliant movie. Would have to watch the first one again to see how they compare to one another but this one is definitely worth a watch.

8/10

I saw this tonight, was quite disappointed. Basically an almost exact carbon copy of the first movie but nowhere near as funny. A few chuckles, but no proper LOLs. There were jokes that no-one in the cinema laughed at.... I thought Bradley Cooper pretty much carried the whole film.

I saw this tonight, was quite disappointed. Basically an almost exact carbon copy of the first movie but nowhere near as funny. A few chuckles, but no proper LOLs. There were jokes that no-one in the cinema laughed at.... I thought Bradley Cooper pretty much carried the whole film.

Is Zach Galifianakis not great in it? He's generally great. I'm disappointed if he is now rubbish.

I thought the shitake mushroom bit was hilarious. I thought it certainly wasn't as funny as the first but definitely entertaining anyway.

See, I think you're completely wrong.

When:

they crash the speedboat into the wedding scene and you see Alan in the background throwing the anchor out..

I fucking ended myself.

Going by the trailers I expected a carbon copy of the first one, same jokes new punchlines. I think the fact that I haven't seen the first one for so long - to the point where I couldn't even remember who's stag do it was and who they lost right away - then it meant I was a lot more receptive to the second one. I think if I had went in there with high hopes it might have disappointed me but since I expected average at best then it surpassed my expectations and I really really enjoyed it.

xx

I went to see The Orphanage in the Belmont. Rather enjoyable... bit jumpy. And the English remake will be shockingly bad! I can just tell! Lol.

Please tell me that the powers that be are not remaking this???!!!

It's a shame that when a foriegn movie shows signs of originality and a good storyline, the US movie industry jump straight on the band wagon and remake it with the usual disasterous results!!!

Tried to re-watch Inception last night. Kept nodding off because I was knackered. Every time I woke up, his dead wife was ruining everything for everyone, which is basically the whole plot.

Amelie - I was geared up not to like this and think it awfully pretentious but I loved it! A charming little tale. 8/10

Something's Gotta Give - RomCom with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. I'd like to think I don't really like RomComs but it seems I've watched a lot of them recently. This one was better than most on account of it having Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton in it. It was still predictable but pretty funny andok, touching. Keanu Reeves was in it too. He is truly a dreadful actor he made us laugh though (I use us just to convey I wasnt watching this alone). 6/10.

In Hell JCVD film taped off TV. He was in prison in Russia and there was a lot of fighting although it was first and foremost a moral tale. He tried to do some acting at a couple of points and he looked really tortured. The ghost of his dead wife was kicking about too. Mindblowing. 4/10.

I have The Secret In Their Eyes waiting for me at home recommended by someone from the aforementioned film recommendation thread...

The Town - Firstly, some of the Boston accents were so thick I had to turn on the subtitles a couple of times. This was a pretty decent heist movie. It's set in Boston and there's the whole family ties and somebody wants out but can't before one last big job that could potentially ruin their life. Lulls a bit in places but overall it's a solid watch. I'd give it a 7/10.

Watching Infernal Affairs tonight.

The Lives of Others - That was pretty phenomenal. I know it takes a few liberties with its portrayal of the Stasi but as a film it is just so well executed. I can't believe it's a directorial debut. If you haven't seen it you really should. It's long and nuanced but never gets boring. All the stars.

Yes yes and yes!!!

I remember waiting for this to be released in the cinema and seeing it at the first showing in the Belmont. This was all because of a walking tour about East Berlin and the crazy tactics we got shown in the Stasi museum.

Amazing film and well worth it's Oscar! Might rewatch it tonight actually!

Yes yes and yes!!!

I remember waiting for this to be released in the cinema and seeing it at the first showing in the Belmont. This was all because of a walking tour about East Berlin and the crazy tactics we got shown in the Stasi museum.

Amazing film and well worth it's Oscar! Might rewatch it tonight actually!

A great film indeed. I remember being chuffed when I told a foxy waitress from Rostock about it in Portugal. She'd never heard of it and wrote the name down on her order pad. I even added, "I believe that's Das Leben Der Anderen in German". CULTURE! My girlfriend thought I was being a dick but I felt cool.