aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Anything that doesn't have a BBFC classification is subject to this by law. Each item would have to be looked at as an individual case (hence why it doesn't happen) and it's not what you (as in big clever superior Mr Bigsby) deem offensive, it's what BBFC/HMCE deem offensive.

Correct, so it's not illegal unless it's determined to be offensive material under the act, as I said about 15 posts ago. And that really has nothing to do with importing DVDs, it would apply to anything bought or sold in this country anyway.

You've already accepted that it's not illegal, that's good enough for me. :up:

Correct, so it's not illegal unless it's determined to be offensive material under the act, as I said about 15 posts ago. And that really has nothing to do with importing DVDs, it would apply to anything bought or sold in this country anyway.

You've already accepted that it's not illegal, that's good enough for me. :up:

You're not understanding the law there (i did point out licensing laws, of which the Obscene Publications law is, before you as well if you want to get pedantic about it). If it (a DVD) is imported into the UK and hasn't got a BBFC classification it is not legally allowed to be sold for the UK market, so yes it is illegal. It's illegal but not easily policed or practiced and that's why it generally goes unpunished. You didn't acknowledged the examples i used at any point either (Reanimator, Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc) which prove that under UK law it is illegal to import things that are unclassified (which all DVDs not originating in the UK/for sale in the UK are). You've also ignored my points about Copyright infringement (illegal) as well.

You could do with actually reading things without glossing over to the stuff that you think might make you look clever.

Anyway, you've already accepted that those laws apply to anything bought and sold in this country and from outside this country (funnily enough that includes DVDs), that's good enough for me. :up:

If it (a DVD) is imported into the UK and hasn't got a BBFC classification it is not legally allowed to be sold for the UK market, so yes it is illegal. It's illegal but not easily policed or practiced and that's why it generally goes unpunished.

No, it's illegal to be sold in this country, it's not illegal to import it into this country, as per the BBFC link. I know you don't want to look like you were wrong and back down, but you already did when you said "It isn't illegal" so I'm happy to leave it there.

It's the only Will Ferrell film i can actually watch. It's pretty funny from start to finish but he's a bit of a one trick pony and he's ended up a bit like Adam Sandler film/role-wise.

Thought he was pretty decent in Stranger Than Fiction, which isn't really his usual 'type' of film. Really like his Saturday Night Live stuff too, especially him playing Robert Goulet crooning rap songs. Other than what has been mentioned, Old School and Talladega Nights, I've not really enjoyed anything else.

No, it's illegal to be sold in this country, it's not illegal to import it into this country, as per the BBFC link. I know you don't want to look like you were wrong and back down, but you already did when you said "It isn't illegal" so I'm happy to leave it there.

No, you took that BBFC link out of context and you're only really reading the parts of it that you want to.

I'm not wrong and i'm not backing down and i didn't say it isn't illegal i said "and no, under some circumstances it isn't illegal" (you quoted me on it) which isn't the same thing if we're being picky.

No, you took that BBFC link out of context and you're only really reading the parts of it that you want to.

I'm not wrong and i'm not backing down and i didn't say it isn't illegal i said "and no, under some circumstances it isn't illegal" (you quoted me on it) which isn't the same thing if we're being picky.

Guys, take it to PMs. Think everyone else has read enough of this and you don't seem to be going anywhere with it.

Thought he was pretty decent in Stranger Than Fiction, which isn't really his usual 'type' of film. Really like his Saturday Night Live stuff too, especially him playing Robert Goulet crooning rap songs. Other than what has been mentioned, Old School and Talladega Nights, I've not really enjoyed anything else.

Old School was amazing! Not as good as Anchorman, perhaps, but the American DVD I saw also has the Inside The Actor's Studio spoof interview as an extra. Some of it's on youtube here:

First time I saw it, I'd never seen Inside The Actor's Studior. Now I can't watch James Lipton speak and keep a straight face. Poor guy!

It's the only Will Ferrell film i can actually watch. It's pretty funny from start to finish but he's a bit of a one trick pony and he's ended up a bit like Adam Sandler film/role-wise.
YouTube - Anchorman -Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie pt 4

Awsome... I forgot how good this movie is. I love it to the point of obsession.

Anyway, Elf is also amazing. Also it has Zooey Deschannel in it - fox.

My fave is Zoolander...great movie! liked Elf too SANTAAAAAA!!!

My fave is Zoolander...great movie! liked Elf too SANTAAAAAA!!!

Yeah, i guess he's ok in Zoolander but he's very much a supporting actor in that film. Elf was funny in places (as are all his films) but a lot of the jokes are similar (in my opinion). I could do with seeing Old Skool at some point though as i haven't seen it yet.

I think he's usually better as a supporting character. Films where he is the lead are kind of hit and miss. Anchorman being the exception. He is good as the bit part character who shouts alot and gets naked. Like in Old School.

His jokes are probably similar because his joke is shouting. :laughing:

Adventureland - Indie teen american comedy set at a theme park in the 80's, Reminds me of all the teen films i grew up on Dazed and Confused, Lost Boys etc. Storyline flows along nicely ,i'd say its deeper than your conventional teen comedies like American Pie/Superbad etc but still holds some of the teen humour/issues around an awkward love triangle. Sweet soundtrack below. Don't think this is released yet but when it is go see it. 82%.

1 Satellite Of Love / Lou Reed

2 Modern Love / David Bowie

3 I'm In Love With A Girl / Big Star

4 Just Like Heaven / The Cure

5 Rock Me Amadeus / Falco

6 Dont Change / INXS

7 Your Love / The Outfield

8 Don't Dream It's Over / Crowded House

9 Looking For A Kiss / The New York Dolls

10 Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely / Hsker D

11 Unsatisfied / The Replacements

12 Pale Blue Eyes / The Velvet Underground

13 Farewell Adventureland / Yo La Tengo

14 Adventureland Theme Song/Yo La Tengo

'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist' - Not bad but not particularly great. I find Michael Cera quite a likeable actor but he pretty much plays exactly the same part in everything he does, from 'Arrested Development' onwards. Maybe his current caveman movie marks a change but I imagine he will just be playing a wide eyed, bewildered looking caveman. Everything they listened to seemed to be rather tepid and similar sounding indie rock as well. I found Norah more attractive than the supposedly babelicious ex-girlfriend personally. 6/10.

I watched "The Wrestler" last night. It was good but not amazing. After all the hype I'd read about it (being a huge wrestling fan, the wrestling forums were full of "this is the best movie ever made" kinda chat) I guess I was always going to be disappointed. It was definitely not a 5-star classic, but still a good film. Mickey Rourke played his part well, and the supporting cast were all pretty good. It had a real miserable, depressing tone to it of a former superstar just at his absolute lowest ebb and putting himself through things that his body can't handle any more simply because he has to do it to make money, and he's hooked on the roar of the crowd, even if it's in a high school gym and not Madison Square Gardens.

The bit I was most disappointed in was the ending

I get the whole did he live / did he die thing that's supposed to keep you guessing but it just felt to me like a massive cop-out. They'd showed him losing his job, having a heart attack, fucking up his relationship with his daughter etc. and then he went and had his last big match - however after this match, he's still going to be broke and not have a job and he still isn't going to be able to wrestle again. It was as if the script-writers had painted themselves into a corner with it, knowing that the big match where they ended the story wouldn't actually be the end of the story, not even close, so they just took the easy option of ending it the way they did. I mean if he died, just show us that he died! At least it will end the story. The ending was shit.

I'm changing my Thumbs up / thumbs down rating system to a star rating. So I give The Wrestler: