aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Films I've watched recently - in order of how much I liked them.

Changeling - top notch. Angelina Jolie is searching for her son who's gone missing and the corrupt police send her a different kid and try to convince her it's her son. When she challenges them they throw her in an asylum. It's a really good story, a bit weepy in places, but it really grips you and holds your attention. Typical Clint Eastwod really. The only downpoint is Angelina Jolie, she just doesn't look like a real person, and she doesn't really do much acting except shouting "Where is my son?!" a lot. Still, great film.

Thumps Up.

Lars & The Real Girl - heard a lot about this film and was very disappointed with it. The lead character is an utter unlikeable twat, a fatal flaw in any movie. The "heart warming" tale about how the community accepted his delusions and carried on the fantasy that his sex doll was real to try and save him is mawkish and tries too hard to tug at the heart strings. We're also expected to believe that the townspeople accepted the sex doll as part of the community and felt an emotional connection with her, - this would be hard enough to believe if it were shown on screen, but isn't, we're just expected to believe it. Most of the time I was in disbelief, the rest of the time I was just bored. Craptastic.

Thumbs down

loved the changeling really long, but totally hooked quite a lot of little stories in one

I like lars and the real girl, I had no idea what it was going to be about tho, think if you've read what to expect and it doesn't match the expectations it gave it would be a let down

I watched Ginger Snaps Back -weird cause it's in a olden days setup and I thought it would be a sequil, but just seems them in a different era?! not worth watching

lives of others is one of my favourites films ever, hands down.

i went to see let the right one in tonight/last night. man, like woah. i know it's probably still the buzz from seeing it but...i've not seen something so effecting as that in years. its at the belmont for at least a week so i'd URGE you to catch it, aiiighht. twilight can gtf.

lives of others is one of my favourites films ever, hands down.

i went to see let the right one in tonight/last night. man, like woah. i know it's probably still the buzz from seeing it but...i've not seen something so effecting as that in years. its at the belmont for at least a week so i'd URGE you to catch it, aiiighht. twilight can gtf.

So did I! So sparse and beautifully put together. Ending was a lot more violent than I was expecting but it is well worth catching this before another dreary american rehash.

I just went to see 'Let the right one in' and I'd agree with its general greatness.

Saw it at the weekend - fucking ace.

The last scene, in the swimming pool, is a joy to behold.

Also watched Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette, or at least half of it before I fell asleep. Like most of her movies, from what I saw it was beautifully shot, but nothing frakkin' happens!

Diary of the Dead - I'm a big Romero fan but this was complete shite. The script was awful, the acting was dreadful and nobody was behaving like they would if there really were zombies roaming around. The group were fully armed in a potentially secure building and they didn't bother even locking the gate. WTF!

I watched about half of it and fell asleep. What I saw was good.

I borrowed all 4 Indiana Jones films off our bassist last night when I need to get stuck into. Ashamed to admit, I've never actually seen any of them.... :O

Also I have "The Wackness" and "Crank" from Lovefilm waiting to be watched.

WTF?

If I was you I would watch 4 first, so you're not disappointed by it.

I didn't really watch many films when I was a kid, I was a total bookworm, I just read books all the time (until I was about 12 when a video rental shop opened next door to our house - that changed everything!) so many of the classic kids films from the 80s that all my mates still go on about kinda passed me by. I only watched The Goonies for the first time last year, ditto Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I only watched the original Star Wars trilogy for the first time in like 2002. Though I did love Short Circuit, Ghostbusters and Back To The Future when I was a nipper so I must have watched some things.

I'm a big movie fan now, I probably watch about 5 or 6 a week, though I've still never seen ET...

Let the right one in: saw it last night and was totally, 100%, utterly underwhelmed - the amount of buzz this film's generated made it even more disappointing. The story of the friendship between the two teenagers is pretty good, and their acting is superb, but that's where the good stuff ends.

Everyone talks about how beautiful it looks - but it's only OK. The story's pretty slow and nothing much really happens for the most part. The first hour the film could have been named "Daily vampire errands". The mundane-ness reminded me of Lukas Moodyson films, but not done as well. I couldn't tell if the black comedy moments that broke the film up a bit were meant, or if it was jumpy / scary moments gone wrong...

Below are the cliches / spoilers that people may miss

The chick vampire used to be a dude!!!!!!

Her 'Dad' is clearly a previous 'lover'

Oskar is 're-born' in the pool at the end (pulled out of water by a female) - LOL

Oskar's dad is gay - LOL

Overall it got more laughs than shocks, glossed over some risky material from the book (drugs, theft, pedophilia, prostitution) and is probably one of the most over hyped films I've seen. I also spent the whole time waiting for a Lordi cameo.

I know for a fact that when it's released on Amazon it will come with the caption "Customers who bought this also bought..."

Welcome-To-The-Black-Parade.jpg

68020.jpg

Fake-Blood-packet_web.gif

• Upvote 2

Guest treader.

I watched 'Let's Go To Prison' which I had never heard of ever but it was in a bargain bin in Blockbuster. It also starred the guy who plays Gob in Arrested Development and so I just wanted it for that.

It was a bit...pointless, reminded me of My Name is Earl with the narrative style, but it was just a bit...rubbish.

Still it was something to do for an hour and 45 minutes when I had tonsilitis.